Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

what is your target date?

1. meme_mayham
    meme_mayham
    my target date is June 5th, as of right now i am heading there alone, i dont have a dr set up as of yet, but i am in the process of looking into it, i have been emailing with a lady from Tijuana or a rep for that facility.
  2. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    My original target date was 7/8, two days after my 41st birthday, but I decided to move it up a month. I'm scheduled for 6/10.
  3. amyswisher
    amyswisher
    I am aiming for 6/3/14, arrive on 6/2/14. Have chosen Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana. Just have to get the details hammered out
  4. Yogibeardreams
    Yogibeardreams
    Hello everyone and warm smiles to all!! My surgery is coming up on June 4th. I can hardly wait. I am nervous and excited at the same time. Did anyone out there buy some "incentive" things such as a beautiful dress to hang up and admire while going through this process? Also, I am a huge admirer of "rewards" so I plan to buy some memory bling to remember this experience by. Pandora needs to come out with a weight loss charm!!!
  5. SchoolRN
    SchoolRN
    Hi June Sleevers,
    I have a tentative date of June 18th, I will be a revision from band to sleeve do to band slipping for the second time. Its been a bit of a battle with insurance, but hopefully I have jumped thru all of the hoops.
  6. june528
    june528
    Hi. I'm set for June 4th. I've been waiting since December and can't believe it is now only five weeks away. I look forward to share with all of you.
  7. LozzyB
    LozzyB
    Hi I'm in Australia and due to be sleeved on June 11. I'm scared and hopeful that I'll finally have some control over my disordered eating. Best of luck to every one as we go through this process
  8. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    I haven't bought a "little black dress," but I'd love to. June 9th can't get here fast enough. Anybody else going to Dr. Elias Ortiz then?
  9. Aliebubu
    Aliebubu
    Super excited but very nervous. I'm scheduled June 5. One month today I will be in recovery mode!
  10. Bill 59101
    Bill 59101
    June 24th here with Dr. Ortiz
  11. ljweartz
    ljweartz
    My surgery is scheduled for June 13th with Dr. Almanza. Anyone else for that date with him? I am planning to fly solo so would love to meet up with someone from here
  12. Nicki1972
    Nicki1972
    Just came back from a girlies holiday and was so conscious of how I looked in my bikini ..... Can't wait for the 18th June .... Hope you all are as excited as I am
  13. Pooky
    Pooky
    Hi all! i am set for June 4th. Having all my pre-op testing on Tuesday of this week, and seeing that on the calendar is making this all very real! I'm so nervous but incredibly excited to start my new life. Good luck to all of you!
  14. SoniaDarlene
    SoniaDarlene
    Going to Dr Ortiz 6/2. See you in TJ !
  15. InthelandofOZ
    InthelandofOZ
    I'm June 23rd!
  16. reinventme
    reinventme
    Jun 12th here. A bikini?
  17. bosterfeld
    bosterfeld
    Mine is June 9th in Mexico with Dr. Elias Ortiz......so excited
  18. Big D in Texas
    Big D in Texas
    My target date is June 23rd. I just need to get a surgical release form from my PCP. My surgeon is Dr. Quioness
  19. lmdee73
    lmdee73
    YAY Big D!!! Glad things are falling into place for you!
  20. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    6/14 with Elias Ortiz
  21. Susan Frerichs
    Susan Frerichs
    June 27th with Dr. Lopez
  22. Stephjlee
    Stephjlee
    6/11 is my date, I go for my hospital pre-op MONDAY! I'm getting super EXCITED!! Cant wait!
  23. Lorna
    Lorna
    I'm going June 23rd. I have a question, why are so many people going to Mexico to have this surgery? Isn't it approved in your state? It seems like such a large expense and scary to travel that far.

Very excited and nervous but glad I finally made this decision. I was on the fence for 3 months while going through the process and since i had my appointment with the surgeon I decided I am definitely moving forward with it.
  24. Peachybroo
    Peachybroo
    Scheduled with Dr Almanza in Mexico on June 24th! Woot! Woot! Very anxious and excited. Lorna, I have bariatric surgeons within 250 miles from my home but can't get my insurance to approve the procedure (even though I weigh over 400 lbs) so I'm having to pay out of pocket. Mexico $4400 vs SLC $10,000-$12,000. Totally a financial decision for me to go to Mexico. Good luck everyone!