Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Woo Hoo! I got my surgery date 3/26/14

1. DJmillie
    DJmillie
    The call came in this evening that I got insurance approval and my surgery date has been set. I am so excited and relieved to to finally have a date, it's been lingering over me for months and now to have an actual count down date is brilliant! I feel more motivated than ever but of course, this is still before 3/15/14 when I start the pre liquid diet! I'm not looking forward to that due to the fact that i get blinding and debilitating migraines from artificial sweeteners and the protein shakes my doc has prescribed of course has Splenda in it, so I suspect I'll reach the operating table on death's door even before going under the knife! He said post op I can drink whatever protein drink I want but I have to use bariatric advantage pre op

Roll on March 26th~I'M READY!!!!!
  2. CookieHead
    CookieHead
    Hooray! The countdown begins..
  3. KCWB
    KCWB
    He said you had to use the artificial sweetener kind even after you explained about the headaches? That stinks...is there a NUT you could talk to explain your situation to? Regardless, congrats on getting a date. You'll be sleeved 1 day after me so we'll almost have the same sleeve "birthday"!
  4. Janeanne67
    Janeanne67
    It's so exciting isn't it, you finally have a date!!! I am the day after you and can't wait.

I have tried a few of the ready mixed protein shakes recently just to see what I like and I have been getting headaches after them also, not sure why though as I don't know of any allergies.
  5. msihavehadenough
    msihavehadenough
    CONGRATS!!!! I am still waiting for my call. They did say it would still be March. I hope I dont have to wait another month!