Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Mexico Passport Requirment Change

1. zmdh39
    I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, but I heard recently that they have changed the requirements for crossing the boarder out of MX back to the US. They actually made it a requirement that you have one a few years ago, but MX never really enforced it, but anyway, I heard that the other day they had put a sign up at the boarder that they now require the passport for everyone, they will no longer accept the DL and BC, and can fine you for not having the passport. I don't want to freak anybody out, but I figured that people would want to know this sooner, rather than later.
  2. cassandra
    cassandra
    I applied for mine yesterday cause it was expired...i should get it back by 2/13/13 thats 6 weeks..and 3 weeks before my surgery.
  3. DragonsLoard
    I have a appt on Jan 8th at the Miami passport office and I undertsand they are able to give me my passport or passport card on the spot if I have documentation. I have my flight flight itinerary but since I am flying from Miami to San Diego not Mexico they need proof that I'll be spending the night in Tijuana.. I also have invoice showing what surgery I am having and that its paid in full.. The only thing I may need is my hotel reservation and confirmation info which I am hoping Henry can supply since they are the one paying for my room...
  4. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Im sure people will appreciate that info. The coordinators need to make sure people know this..
  5. judy79
    judy79
    I agree Gemini, it has been said many times you don't need one!
  6. Cjp17
    Cjp17
    Just so I'm clear is it ok to use the passport card because I'm not flying into Mexico I'm flying into SAn Diego.... I just need to be sure passport or pass card my surgery is soon
  7. DragonsLoard
    The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

U.S. Passport Card
  8. Cjp17
    Cjp17
    So that's a yes right lol
  9. DragonsLoard
    LOL yes
  10. Cjp17
    Cjp17
    Lol ok just making sure I'm a little on the slow side haha
  11. kittvalley
    kittvalley
    I thought the enhanced license was sufficient
  12. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    The enhanced is
  13. AmandaL
    AmandaL
    Stupid question - will an expired passport work?
  14. Jedi
    Jedi
    Hi Amanda,

I believe an expired passport will not work but if you bring it along with an Id and birth certificate along with a medical letter from our office it might help you more

cheers