Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery

1. luluinwa
    luluinwa
    Hi, I am having my surgery TJ Mx. on the 16th of Feb. Is anyone out there going down at that time? I'm really excited about my surgery. I am supposed to start a yogurt and liquid diet 3 days before surgery. Everything I've read its been 2 weeks of liquid diet. Has anyone else only done the 3 days before? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me on my journey
  2. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    I only did my liquid diet for 5 days and I didn't have any problems. All the doctors are different about this. The reason they want you do do it is to shrink your liver. Your liver lays right on top of your stomach and they have to move it to do the procedure. If it is fatty and enlarged (as it is in most over weight people) there is a chance of it getting damaged when moving it out of the way. By doing the liquid diet before hand, you will lose weight rapidly and this in turn will shrink your liver making it easier on the doctor. But I have talked to people that did not do it at all and had no problems and then again I have talked to people that did not do it and when the doctor went in to do the procedure they couldn't because of an enlarged liver and had to postpone it.
  3. Husky fan
    Husky fan
    My pre-op diet was 2 weeks of low carb (40 grams per day). I tracked it by downloading an app called My Fitness Pal on my smartphone. It was a lifesaver. Post-op diet for me was 2 days of clear liquids, followed by 5 days of protein liquids, a week of puréed foods, and the 2 weeks of soft foods. I wish you the best of luck on this.
  4. BethJane
    BethJane
    I am 12 days post op and another gal who had yogurt in her pre-op diet had a really hard time the first day or two, and yogurt seemed to be the only different thing she'd done....could be other reasons, tho, so make sure you check out the yogurt. Good Luck to you!! Beth
  5. alund1984
    alund1984
    I also went to TJ mexico with Dr. Almanza. They recommended that I do 5 days of liquid pre-op because of my higher BMI. I did the master cleasne..you know the drink with the cayenne, lemons and maple syrup? It was really great because it was filling and I found that I wasn't really hungry. But that was me. I also did a liver and gallbladder cleanse (email me if you want to try it, I'll give you a recipe). I thought that would be helpful since the whole reason for the liquid pre-op is to shrink your liver, so why not cleanse it?
  6. luluinwa
    luluinwa
    Hi I'm out six weeks from surgery and I have been on a 3 week stall. I'm also. Very sick to my stomach everyday. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm getting g depressed. Ive lost 42 pds. but nothing for awhile. I know I'm not getting the fluids so maybe that's my problem. Do any of you meet to talk? I live in Renton and would love to join a group? I had my surgery in Mexico. So I don't have a support group here. Anyone interested?
  7. emotions_of_love
    emotions_of_love
    luluinwa I had my sleeve in TJ in October and also hit several stalls. 6-8 weeks, then 16 weeks and then again at 7 months. It is VERY frustrating! I just started losig again this week. Stalls happen, just keep on eating what you are suposed to and drink drink drink! :-)