Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Pierce
    Last Activity
    05-11-2020 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 128 Times
    Was Thanked 89 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 99 Times
    Blog Entries

Default By Jove, I Think I've Got It! - Protein Shake That Works For Me \(~.~)/

My husband buys his protein at Whole Foods, so I decided to venture in and inquire about a sugarless protein shake mix. They have the mini-packs/one mix samples and the only one that I found that met my VSG needs was Jay Robb. His packets come in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. So I picked up a safe flavor (chocolate) and mixed it up with Silk, lactose/gluten free milk, and a tbl. of peanut butter. Yum!!! It was not thick, PLUS, it has 23gm of protein and then some because I added the other ingredients. The only thing that I didn't like is that when you mix it up in a blender it has the top foam, so I am trying to remedy this issue (I hate foam!) I almost bought some straws to use for this drink to bypass the foam, but again I remembered that we can't drink with straws, (even though some people can...)

The mini-packs were $2.57 ea. I went back to purchase more in the variety of flavors to see what I can do with them. Yesterday, I made the strawberry packet with a couple slices of fresh mango and blueberries. Still YUM! I'm gonna try the vanilla later this week.
    Height: 6'0"
    Shape: Apple (No Hips)
    Information Session: August 14, 2013

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Bufflehead's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. K. Robert Williams
    Last Activity
    08-14-2017 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 180 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 44 Times

Default Re: By Jove, I Think I've Got It! - Protein Shake That Works For Me \(~.~)/

I really like the Jay Robb protein! If you buy direct from their website, they have even more flavors. I really like the Tropical Dreamsicle.
    I mix my shakes with an immersion blender and get either no foam or very little foam. I have heard if you use a blender bottle, you need to make sure the bottle is completely full before shaking, and that will eliminate foam. Good luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Laycock
    Said "Thanks" 84 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 67 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 69 Times

Default Re: By Jove, I Think I've Got It! - Protein Shake That Works For Me \(~.~)/

Whey protein or egg protein? I use Jay Robb egg and it is the only thing that has gotten me through! Glad you found one that worked for you!

5. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    03/19/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Bradley Pierce
    Last Activity
    05-11-2020 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 128 Times
    Was Thanked 89 Times in 86 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 99 Times
    Blog Entries

I use the Nutribullet and maybe I'm blending too long. But, there are two things that I don't like about protein shakes and that's graininess and foam, so I'll keep trying. Lovin' my Jay Robb though

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    I really like the Jay Robb protein! If you buy direct from their website, they have even more flavors. I really like the Tropical Dreamsicle.
    I mix my shakes with an immersion blender and get either no foam or very little foam. I have heard if you use a blender bottle, you need to make sure the bottle is completely full before shaking, and that will eliminate foam. Good luck!
    Height: 6'0"
    Shape: Apple (No Hips)
    Information Session: August 14, 2013

Gastric Sleeve Member toutdesuite's Avatar
    Surgery date
    03/03/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Rosenthal
    Last Activity
    05-22-2015 06:25 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 109 Times in 95 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

Jay Robb gags me!

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents