Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

elle77

Having a cold a month after surgery

Rate this Entry
Hi there,

So I ended up catching a nasty cold. I can't sleep at all because I can't stop coughing and I have zerooooo desire to eat. I forced some liquids down and some soup and that was it. I've had this since the day before Thanksgiving and it only seems to be getting worse. Has anyone caught a cold and if so which medicine did you take?

Submit "Having a cold a month after surgery" to Digg Submit "Having a cold a month after surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "Having a cold a month after surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "Having a cold a month after surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had a stomach flu three weeks post-op. Was nasty! I had to go back see my surgeon, it was that bad! For many years I used mainly homeopathy and only use conventional medicine when I don't have an other choice (for ex for my asthma). I had a flu almost all month of November. I took "Boiron, Chestal, Cold & Cough" it's a syrup, works pretty well for the kids and me and it's safe for the sleeve even at the beginning: no side effect.
    Since I also had a lung infection I took "NutriBiotic, Grapefruit Seed, Extract, 125 mg" (those are tablets) and oregano as usual because I usually can manage without antibiotics when I take oregano (right now taking California Natural, Wild Oregano Oil, 90 Capsules).
    The problem with essential oils is that it's really strong, especially at the beginning. I had to wait a few months to be able to take oregano because it's strong and gave me reflux, and I already had a bad reflux without organo... I tried a few times before finding the right time. Also I always take it with food, usually at the beginning of the meal.

If you have a fever you can take paracetamol/acetaminophen. It's safe for the sleeve. But don't take any ibuprofen.

If you can stand it, try to also irrigate your nose with a netty pot (I can't stand those) or just a saline spray. It does help a lot.

Drink a lot of fluids, it does help. Chicken broth is always a must

A cold need time....and post-sleeve I found out I need more time than before ......I was sick almost one month when usually it takes me two weeks to recover. Nasty bugs, but also the fact that I'm still vitamin deficient even with everything I take! So take your vitamins, it's also important!
    Take care!
    I had pneumonia about a week post op. Horrible coughing, trouble breathing and extreme fatigue.
    So I ended up getting super sick and my Dr put me on a Zpack yesterday. I was also taking Mucinex Children's granules. You put them on your tongue and they dissolve.(kinda nasty) I also had my albuterol inhaler too. I have zero appetite from being so sick. It's been hard to keep liquids down. I was able to get 1/2 bottle of protein in yesterday.
    I was sick 3 weeks after surgery with the nasty stomach bug. Nausea vomiting and diarrhea not a good thing when u just had surgery on your stomach. I think it was worse for me because I couldnt eat or drink anything prior to getting sick so there was nothing in my stomach to vomit and nothing to make diarrhea. But it still hit me like a ton of bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    I was sick 3 weeks after surgery with the nasty stomach bug. Nausea vomiting and diarrhea not a good thing when u just had surgery on your stomach. I think it was worse for me because I couldnt eat or drink anything prior to getting sick so there was nothing in my stomach to vomit and nothing to make diarrhea. But it still hit me like a ton of bricks
    Oh no!! I'm still sick. I'm barely getting over the coughing stage. I hope you feel better.