Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Srhultberg

Mixed Emotions

Rate this Entry
Today was an emotional rollercoaster. I was excited (and nervous) that my surgery date is only 1 week away. But, amongst all my excitement and nervousness, our family received some shocking news.

My husband was diagnosed with CML, a rare form of Leukemia. He started his requirements for weight loss surgery a month ago. On his first visit, they did blood work. It's from those tests that the diagnosis was ultimately made.

While it's a cancer he can most likely live with, he will be taking a chemo pill for the rest of his life.

So, worry, anger, sadness, and believe it or not, gratefulness were added to my list of emotions.

Submit "Mixed Emotions" to Digg Submit "Mixed Emotions" to del.icio.us Submit "Mixed Emotions" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mixed Emotions" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thank Goodness for that blood work! I totally understand all of your emotions and I also would be greatful for finding out early on.
    My father was diagnosed with acute lymphoma leukemia and it was a battle but he's still with us and been free for 2 years.
    I don't know you and your situation but I don't think you should reschedule. Yes, you'll be in the hospital over night and away from your husband but the recovery time is not long and you've already gone thru the hoops and did what needed to be done. I dont know if your husband has to be admitted to the hospital for chemo or just takes the pill at home but If you have a good support system to help you with your baby (and maybe other kids, just going off your picture) then I would go for it. Get it over with. In the long run you'll be feeling better and you both will be eating healthier and you'll have the energy to keep up with little feet. When my husband went back to work after I got home from the hospital by biggest problem was bending down and picking up my 3 year old, I made little steps for him to climb on my bed for me to dress him, had him use a chair to climb into his high chair etc..
    You can prepare and freeze dinners this week, use the crockpot. Make foods that don't tempt you. Make stuff you don't like ;-)
    Clean the house the best you can now and get the laundry done.
    I hope everything goes well for you and your husband
    So sorry to hear the news, but glad they caught it soon! With you losing weight you will be a better caretaker if he needs it! Best of luck to your whole family!
    Im so sorry to hear about your husband , but i am also glad that he found out like he did. I went in for breast reduction surgery in 2005 and the doctor told me i had to have a mammogram first. I was 35 at the time, I had the mammogram and they found breast cancer on my right breast. So If I didnt go for the breast reduction surgery It would have probably been 5 more years before they would have done a mammogram. So how I see it GOD has a reason for everything. He was looking out for me just like he is looking out for your husband. too. Prayers for you and your family.
    With your healthy body, you'll be in such a better place to support him and the family. Blessings.