Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

3-Month Sleevesary Update

Rate this Entry
Breath. I remind myself, it is progress, not perfection. Breath.

I don't know why this is such a mental struggle, well I do, but, still, the head games we play on ourselves... when does it ease up?

I am not anywhere near unpacking and putting stuff away. I have two boxes full of files I need to go through, and I am avoiding. The guest bed is full of stuff I probably need to throw away. I have shoved a few things on the shelves in my closet that I need to hang up. I think my partner has not dusted in the year that I was gone! I guess the spider webs on corners is a big give away. The garbage disposal, I was told hasn't been working for months. I am grateful still; one to be home {happy smiley heart} and the other is that he watered my plants! I was greeting by a blooming orchid that hadn't bloomed for a long time! I think the fact that he turned up the air conditioning created an excellent environment for it. Good job honey!!! But I digress from my purpose. sorry.

Tomorrow we will celebrate my one week home, and my returning to work next week; he said he has something special in store for me.

At the same token, I have talked to my mom numerous times during this week, and each time she starts sobbing and has said she misses me. It makes me feel like shit!!! Yesterday, when she called, I did not want to answer the phone. On the other, when I talk to my kids, I am the one crying ( I try not to ) because I miss them. They are all living their lives, and even though I may have seen them a couple of times every month while I was in California, it will be very hard just to jump in my car and drive a couple of hours to see them like I used to. That makes me feel like shit too.

So what do I do with all these shitty feelings? Well, I used to suppress them with food. Can't much do that now. Thank you Sleeve!

The last couple of days I have been researching bariatric support groups and nutritionists. I reached out to several people, and this morning I received some call backs.

I set up a consultation with a nutritionist I have been following online for next month. I like her holistic approach to micro/macro nutrition. She has not worked with bariatric patients directly, and our recent email exchanges and a follow-up call this morning she sounded very knowledgeable and she is aware of my specific needs.

I also connected with the university here, and they have a great "Get Fit" 12-week program starting in two weeks. It includes two DXA Body Composition Analysis scans (a before and after), three personal training exercise classes a week, and one weekly seminar luncheon. I opted in for a third scan at week six just to see midway progress.

For those new sleevers feeling full of energy, just a word of caution... take it easy on your body. I started walking 30min with just a few days post op, and kept increasing time and effort. I was back at the gym at one week until I crashed one day around week 6. I was completely depleted of energy. I slowed my roll way down, and these past few weeks I stopped going to the gym altogether - well not to make excuses, but I was busy getting ready to move.

I think I am ready to get back to the gym, and this program will help me bring it back in my life with moderation and ongoing support.

So, I finally found my measuring tape and my scale (hateful hateful scale!) and here are my measurements and weight for my 3-Month and 1-week post-op (or rather 14.3 weeks post-op):

Friday, August 26, 2016 Measurements

Neck: 13.9" down 1.4 inches (-2 cm)

Bicep: 13.7" down 2.3 inches (-1 cm not much change here)

Chest: 45" down 2 inches (actually gained .5" though my under breast torso says 36" and that's down from my bra measurement last month)

Waist: 38.8" down 3.8 inches (-3 cm)

Hip: 45.8" down 3.3 inches (-6 cm)

Thigh: 24" down 4 inches (biggest loss from last month 2"!!!)

I lost 3.2" inches overall since last month!

Weight: 197 lbs down 6lbs (I actually gained .5lbs since Sunday's weight in >:| arghhhh!) {{breath...progress not perfection}}
BMI: 31.94 (down 6.7 from 39.54)
Height: 5' 6"

Nutrition

I am averaging 900-1100 calories a day.

My macros for this past week have been consistent with previous weeks: Protein 45.6%, Carbs 29.5%, and Fat 24.9%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 11.36.04 AM.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	26091

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 11.39.59 AM.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	26092

I am trying to up my fiber to 20g a day, it is not as easy as I thought it would be without loading up on carbs, but I am still figuring this out so hopefully next month I will have better results.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 11.51.46 AM.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	26093

While I am just too lazy right now to write down my typical meals, I am mindful of the foods I eat, making sure they are nutritious, delicious and rich in vitamins. I continue to supplement with protein shakes, but I am down to just one a day, so much of my micronutrients are coming from solid foods.

That's pretty much it for now.

I wish every and each of you much success on your journeys to a healthier and leaner you.

May your days be filled with extraordinary and pleasant surprises!

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	26094

ps... here is a before and current pic - every little change for the better makes a huge difference in this journey.

circa Jan/16

Name:	IMG_5326.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	26095

last week - NSV

Name:	DSC_0464.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	26096
I was particularly giddy here as I had not been able to wrap my arms around my legs for a very long time! much less touch my elbows while doing it!

Submit "3-Month Sleevesary Update" to Digg Submit "3-Month Sleevesary Update" to del.icio.us Submit "3-Month Sleevesary Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "3-Month Sleevesary Update" to Google

Comments

Happy sleevesary keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by KariVSG
    Happy sleevesary keep up the good work
    Thanks Kari! And thanks for reading through all the typos and run on sentences. I find writing cathartic :-D
    This all sounds good to me.

My first rule of exercise post-op: Don't hurt yourself!

And lovely pictures. You have style!
    Wow!! Shirl you look great!! (Wolf whistle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    This all sounds good to me.

My first rule of exercise post-op: Don't hurt yourself!

And lovely pictures. You have style!
    Aww Thank You! I have a few with Norma Jeane gear up I have somewhere. Heehee!

And most definitely not looking to hurt myself. Not much fun in that!

I appreciate your posts and definitely look for inspiration and guidance in them.

Hugs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Rudewick
    Wow!! Shirl you look great!! (Wolf whistle)
    Aww Shucks! Heehee!

There is a saying from the ancient Mayan - En LaKe'ch - meaning you are me, I am you. I'd like to think that the beauty you see in me is a reflection of yours. Thank you my dear for your love and support always!

✨xoxoxo✨
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    Aww Shucks! Heehee!

There is a saying from the ancient Mayan - En LaKe'ch - meaning you are me, I am you. I'd like to think that the beauty you see in me is a reflection of yours. Thank you my dear for your love and support always!

✨xoxoxo✨
    You are so sweet!! And beautiful inside and out. Keep up the good work cause Im following you and picking up great tips!!
    You look wonderful! I'm so looking forward to onederland. Congrats on your success.
    You look great! You are doing great!! Hang in there. X
    Oh those feelz!
    I am facing stress and anxiety with newly developed tools. It's so tough. The last thing I want to think about some days is food. But, I notice when I don't, I'll easily only eat 6 or 700 calories so I have to be diligent to self care and it's not easy.

how far are you from everyone now?

We have roommate spiders. I wish they'd pay rent to live here but they keep the other bug population down so we co-exist.

Try upping complex carbs to get more fiber and let protein go down a bit if you are hitting goals since you are "in range" of healthy eating for a bari....?

Piles. I have not recently moved and am dealing with piles.

Hang in!!

Wow thanks for pics!! yay to NSVs! they matter the most in the long run