Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Tandem

Return to the gym

Rate this Entry
I am officially two weeks post-op today. Since I'm feeling pretty good I decided that today would be a good day to start exercising again. I say that prior to surgery I had been exercising pretty consistently. (The problem was that I was eating way to much and not pushing myself enough). Anyway today, I walked/jogged on the treadmill for 35 minutes (more walking than jogging). I also started some strengthening exercises with weights. I've decided that when we get arrive back overseas and get settled that I'm going to focus on strength training.

Anyway it felt really good to workout again! My goal is to be ready for a 5k by the end of the year.

Submit "Return to the gym" to Digg Submit "Return to the gym" to del.icio.us Submit "Return to the gym" to StumbleUpon Submit "Return to the gym" to Google

Comments

Wow! At two weeks I still couldn't take a shower without feeling dizzying! Good work!
    WOW. you are doing great. I hope I can do as good as you when I have surgery
    Good for you! Just don't do too much too soon (or you might not be able to move tomorrow!) I started back into exercise at 2 weeks too, and I too was used to exercising.
    Thanks all. I tried jogging and the stamina just wasn't there. However, 30 minutes on the elliptical one day and 30 minus walking on the treadmill the next have been enough so far. It feels great to be back in the habit. I always feel so good after exercising!