Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Leticia9

Gastric Sleeve

Rate this Entry
Ok, so I'm considering getting a gastric sleeve in the next few weeks in TJ, Mexico. It's with Marcelo Hernandez or with Mario Almanza. Have any of you had them as your surgeons and how was your post-surgery? I just worried about any complications.

Submit "Gastric Sleeve" to Digg Submit "Gastric Sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "Gastric Sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gastric Sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Leticia, I had Almanza 14 months and 3 days ago to be exact. I didn't have any complications and everything went pretty great. I'm down 70lbs.only wanted to lose 60 but I'll take it, I lost it in about 6 months. I don't know anything about the other Dr. but there is some stuff about Almanza out there now and I have to be honest if I had seen it before my surgery I probably would have gone with someone else. If you go on youtube put in his name and you can watch some videos. Listen I am so not trying to freak you out but stuff has happened. With that said he has done thousands of surgeries and no problems at all. You can PM me with any questions at all. Good Luck!!!!
    Hey Leticia I was just sleeved by Dr Hernandez on 04/26. I have no complications at all. Just make sure you follow the preop diet. I slept like a baby the first night. My roommate was sick throwing up all night because she did not follow a preop. The only thing about my preop was that I could not eat fish or chicken with just lemon on it. I did add some seasonings to it. Good luck and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
    I had originally scheduled my surgery with Dr. Velazquez but when I got to the hospital in TJ I was told I will be with Dr. Hernandez. I was in shock. I had to make the choice, do I go forward or go home. I chose to go forward. I'm glad I di. So far everything has been good. I got sleeved on May 18th and am already down 15 lbs. It is not an easy change. I suffer from mental food cravings. I have yet to feel actual hunger but the metal side is crazy. I felt very good about the staff at both the hospital and hotel. They were very attentive.