Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kassie7380

When am I full????

Rate this Entry
I am having problems knowing when I am full or if I am eating enough...I have a few bites of jello and maybe a half cup of chicken broth everyday. I also get in a bottle of Gatorade, which takes me all day and into evening...also some water. I am 7 days post-op and am struggling figuring out what to eat...HELP

Submit "When am I full????" to Digg Submit "When am I full????" to del.icio.us Submit "When am I full????" to StumbleUpon Submit "When am I full????" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

From what I've heard, the full feeling can be different for everyone. Trust me that you'll know when you get there! For me, I get sort of an uncomfortable pain right in the middle of my chest - I know at that point to put the fork down and stop. After you get into the swing of things are are back on solid foods, you'll learn how much you can eat and will fill your plate accordingly, but I have to admit, there are still times I have to leave a bite or two uneaten.
    from my instructions (yours may vary)...
    ! WATER is the most important the first two week. Drink every 15 min if you have to.
    ! Then protein, aim for 60 - 80 grams but you most likely do not make it in those early swollen weeks.
    ! Drinking water rules do not apply during liquid phase...drink drink drink all day if you need to.
    ! start with 2 oz portions. if you finish, with no discomfort, go up to 4 oz portions (of liquid). It may take 30 full minutes to get in 4 oz of liquid. sip sip sip
    Hi Kassie,
    I had my surgery April 7th....
    Drinking those little cups of water every 15 minutes was indeed a challenge.
    All I do do for a little ore than a week after was sip water.
    I still just sip water and eating is a chore.
    I still do a lot of protein shakes and propel zero and it does take all day.
    I can eat boiled eggs and a spoon of almond butter.

I get a pain in my chest if I eat ore then 2-4 spoon or fork fulls.
    I had a liquid and protein requirement. Those first two weeks after surgery I lived on the protein drinks. You are getting enough when you meet the numbers. (Sorry, it's been almost 3 years, I don't remember the ounces of fluid or grams of protein required.) All I remember is keeping a journal so I was sure to meet my daily goals.

You won't feel full on liquids. You will feel full when you start real food.
    I also get a pain in my chest if I exceed 4 bites of anything... Im trying my best to eat protein during the day since I have trouble with the protein dinks... 1/2 spoon of peanut butter, bite of avocado, small bite of moist chicken, spoon of yogurt, or wedge of soft cheese... Its hard, but im trying to make better decisions.