Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sunshines4u2

To all the Mexico Sleevers.....

Rate this Entry
I have my surgery planned with Dr Almanza in two weeks. I really think I want to have my gall bladder out at the same time & it's another $1000 (which I really don't have right now). I am thinking of changing to a less expensive doctor so I can do the two procedures. What are your thoughts..... who has used the $3500 doctors in Mexico (I am signed up with WeightLossAgents) and was the procedures and results just as good?

Submit "To all the Mexico Sleevers....." to Digg Submit "To all the Mexico Sleevers....." to del.icio.us Submit "To all the Mexico Sleevers....." to StumbleUpon Submit "To all the Mexico Sleevers....." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Almanza next week. I also saw the cheaper rate and called them to see if I could get it. What I was told is those doctors offering that rate are new doctors and there are no history that they can give you about their work etc. I also thought about changing for the cheaper rate but I am not. I rather go with someone with a good track record than someone who has no record. They work in the same hospital as Dr. Almanza so it shouldn't be bad but I feel more comfy with Almanza
    I had the gallbladder removed at the same time as my sleeve ,and it didn't hurt at all the incision is so tiny dr Almanza is a good dr.
    Still not sure why you think you need the gall bladder removed. was that the dr. suggestion. i know some of them do. i am almost 4 years out and have never had a problem with my gb. could you not just get the sleeve and see what happens. the gall bladder can always be removed in the US. Or have I missed something. All the best whatever.
    Yes it can be done in the US but not for the same price. Hence the reason some of us choose to go to Mexico. A high number of sleevers develop gall bladder issues after surgery so it is given as an OPTION while doing the sleeve surgery which I think it good.
    Why do you need your gall bladder out? As far as I know they don't automatically remove the GB when your sleeved....at least I know of a few docs in the US who only do it if you have issues with your gall bladder prior to being sleeved. I would just go with the sleeve with the doc that has more experience.
    am going to be re-sleeved on the 8th by dr almanza. He did my first sleeve. he is excellent so have no worries. The two other Drs are his associates and they are offering a less amount for them in the hopes it will build up their clients for them. As for the gallbladder....it is offered because it is done at the same time (hence only one surgery for both); it costs less than in the states; and some people have issues with it afterwards (but some do not). Only you can decide if you want it done as a convenience thing or not. If you dont have the extra money....my best advice is go with the Dr with all the experience and dont sweat the gallbladder right now. The main focus is the sleeve and for that....I would want Dr Almanza.
    Good luck to you...and have fun on your new journey....you will have a blast!! lol
    TERIONA, I HAD MY SLEEVE IN MX BY ALMANZA IN 2012 AND NEVER DID THE SUBJECT OF GALL BLADDER REMOVAL COME UP AND I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH THIS. WONDERING WHEN THEY STARTED OFFERING THIS. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN THAT OFTEN.
    Well I really appreciate all of your comments ladies… I did decide to stay with Dr. Almanza either way. Being that I don't have any health insurance here, I am still kind of considering getting the gallbladder removed since they do use the same incisions and it is a matter of convenience while I'm there.
    They do not use the same incision , look the dr does not ask you if you want your gallbladder out or if you want your hi hernia repaired ,the thing is that it is all in the same area so for a dr it is just another snip. But the gallbladder incision is on the far right just about were you put your hands on your hips and the hole is about a pencil hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful
    They do not use the same incision , look the dr does not ask you if you want your gallbladder out or if you want your hi hernia repaired ,the thing is that it is all in the same area so for a dr it is just another snip. But the gallbladder incision is on the far right just about were you put your hands on your hips and the hole is about a pencil hole.
    All surgeons are different in their approach. I had my gallbladder removed 2 years after my VSG because I had 15 stones in there that formed as I lost weight. I do not have an insicion where you describe. my US surgeon made all of his incisions over my existing VSG scars other than one. He pulled the gall bladder out a new incision right above my belly button. That incision is now a quarter size hernia that I need another surgery to correct. My gallbladder will cost me $12,000 ($6000 OOP Max x2) when all is said and done, so I really wished I had paid the extra $500 to have my SKILLED Mexican surgeon do it instead.
    Kindle I agree with you but I went to dr Almanza so some of the girls that are going to him might be considering him and that is how he did mine ,and like I said a very small hole that after they take the little tube out I brought with me butterfly band aide cause they don't stich that small hole.
    Hello,
    I am considering having the sleeve done by Dr. Guillermo Alvarez from Piedras Negras, Mexico. Is anyone here having theirs done by him too?
    I HAD MINE WITH THE SAME DR. AND TO ME HE IS THE BEST DR.
    Thank you Terri. When was your surgery? Why did you choose him? Please share your experience to Mexico. Did you have any complications? Did you fly? I look forward to you sharing. Thanks!
    I had my gallbladder removed, only because I don't want to have another surgery.