Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

rere

DAY 8 I fainted and I am frustrated!

Rate this Entry
So I am pretty anal about getting my fluids in and walking. I thought I was doing good but today I passed out at my car service center. I was taken to hospital for dehydration...ugh! I sip all day. I drink protein, jello and soup. WTH?
Has anyone else experienced this?

Submit "DAY 8 I fainted and I am  frustrated!" to Digg Submit "DAY 8 I fainted and I am  frustrated!" to del.icio.us Submit "DAY 8 I fainted and I am  frustrated!" to StumbleUpon Submit "DAY 8 I fainted and I am  frustrated!" to Google

Comments

Hi Rere,

I'm two weeks out, didn't faint so far but had a few episodes of feeling a little weak last week, especially after doing some cleaning/laundry.

My surgeon told me to take it easy, he said "you just had surgery, don't scrub the kitchen yet!" so the kitchen will be a little dirty for a while, I'm doing the minimum right now. Walking had been ok so far.

Surgery, anesthesia...they do have an impact on our bodies, so time is needed to heal. May be it was just one episode, you body saying, please rest....but your doctor probably knows best!

May be you live in a region with a dry climate and you need more fluid? when I lived in Arizona I was drinking so much..

Good luck and take care
    So how many ounces are you getting in a day?
    I'm getting 40 ounces
    That's really not enough. You should be shooting for at least 64oz. I typically get more like 80-100oz. Dehydration sucks. Just keep drinking.
    64 ounces minimum, drink more fluids.
    Day 8 I'd say 40oz is pretty good, but not enough. You sip all day and that's great but I would fill up a bottle of 64oz and try to drink the whole thing. I still do that, otherwise I wouldn't get enough. Is the 40oz just water or is it all liquid added up? I included my protein drink and broth in my ounces
    When they say "Sip, sip, sip!" they mean do that all day.

Soon you'll be able to swallow more at a time. This isn't a permanent limitation.

My concern is that you were out and about driving yourself around and fainted. How fortunate you weren't driving at the time.
    All water is not equal..... most people do not know this but tap water has a pH of 7 - bottled waters are acidic and range between a pH of 2-4. You want to drink Alkaline water that has a pH of 9.5 - this is what your body really needs. 75% of America is dehydrated we are supposed to drink 1 liter to every 50 lbs we are....I know that sounds crazy and I am not even close to that amount of water....but that is what our bodies need daily.

Alkaline water is better absorbed in our bodies and it is so much more healthy for us. I bought a machine that makes it....here's the manufacturer of the Kangen water machine - let me know if you are interested in getting one... http://www.enagic.com/