Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

xena7158

11 days out - a word about bms...

Rate this Entry
11 days after surgery, feeling lucky not to have any issues or difficulties.
Losing weight at a rate of about 1 - 2 lbs a day (since I started losing, the gain right after surgery not withstanding!), which I know I need to stop getting used to, since it will stop being so regular any time now!
Speaking of regular ... (nice segway if I do say so myself!) ... I was getting worried about not having any bms for almost a week after the surgery - spoke to nutritionist who advised me to start taking milk of magnesium every night - wow did that improve things!
***WARNING - TMI below*** stop reading here if you are sensitive!
So, the next morning following the MoM dose the night previous, out came like 5lbs of backed up 'stuff'. I took the MoM again that night, and again the next day giant amounts of 'stuff'. I feel so relieved every day, but I'm also confused - I'm not really putting all that much in (80g+ of protein in the form of split pea soup, yogurt and protein shakes and 8+ cups of water) - so wth is coming out!
Someone in the forums (sorry, I don't remember who to credit!) commented about 'watch out when your bowels wake up!' after surgery - boy were they right!

Submit "11 days out - a word about bms..." to Digg Submit "11 days out - a word about bms..." to del.icio.us Submit "11 days out - a word about bms..." to StumbleUpon Submit "11 days out - a word about bms..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hahaha....I didn't become regular until I was like 9 months out. At the beginning I tried everything. MoM never did it for me. Took fiber pills, senokot, laxitives.....but to not do anything was not an option. The longer you wait the harder it'll be.....get it?? Lol
    I'd say you're fine, because you went a full week without having a bm so a few days of BIG bm's will fix that
    Hey sleeve buddy!

So your pipes were clogged and it's all coming out! that's very good news!! intestines are really long and can keep lots of stuff for days, so you should not worry. Plus soups and protein shakes do make some waste too...

For me it's almost normal as usual (when my IBS was not quicking) so it's pretty good news, because I wouldn't like to have to deal with diarrhea right now. My surgeon did warn me preop that the surgery could trigger the IBS, but it did not...great!
    I'm just over two months out and had MAJOR "blockage" problems shortly after surgery, so I still take a stool softener every day (Colace) as well as a dose of Miralax about every three days (both on Dr.'s advice). In addition, I stay away from protein shakes - they work like cement in my system! I tried to stop the Miralax and let's just say things did not go well. I'm told that around 3 months out I should be able to discontinue this course of treatment.