Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

1st Post op visit

Rate this Entry
My surgery was January 20 and today I went back to the hospital to meet my surgeon and also my nutritionist. From surgery day I lost 4 kilos.

My wounds are healed but since I started pureed food I have awful acid reflux so the doctor changed my PPI, hopefully I will see some improvement soon.

I really feel that going into pureed food was way too early anyway, and since I was very sick at the hospital right after surgery, those 2 days 1/2 of vomiting might have done some damage to the stomach lining. The surgeon said I should try again in one week. So far I don't mind the soup if it can give some rest to my poor stomach, or what's left of it. Any soup with carrots is great, any idea for other "calming soup"?

Have a good week end!!

Submit "1st Post op visit" to Digg Submit "1st Post op visit" to del.icio.us Submit "1st Post op visit" to StumbleUpon Submit "1st Post op visit" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My surgeon doesn't want me on puréed foods until next week. My surgery was on January 20th also. My go to for soup is tomatoe soup! I love it!
    Sounds like you're body really liked the soup too! as you know I was done the 20th also, and my doc has me starting to introduce/transition to puree'd foods starting on the 6th (17 days post op).

I made a stock with the hambone out of the xmas ham. And then used that to make split pea soup. For my post op liquids only phase, I've been preparing bout 1/2 cup of soup + 2 tblsp greek yogurt, + 2 tblsp coconut milk (beef up calories) + 1/2 scoop unjury unflavored protein powder + 1/2 cup water so it's not too thick - blend it up! so good, ~30g protein. I can usually only get about 1/2 of that down at one sitting (1 tablespoon at a time) - but then there's some left for dinner later, or snack or w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by xena7158
    Sounds like you're body really liked the soup too! as you know I was done the 20th also, and my doc has me starting to introduce/transition to puree'd foods starting on the 6th (17 days post op).

I made a stock with the hambone out of the xmas ham. And then used that to make split pea soup. For my post op liquids only phase, I've been preparing bout 1/2 cup of soup + 2 tblsp greek yogurt, + 2 tblsp coconut milk (beef up calories) + 1/2 scoop unjury unflavored protein powder + 1/2 cup water so it's not too thick - blend it up! so good, ~30g protein. I can usually only get about 1/2 of that down at one sitting (1 tablespoon at a time) - but then there's some left for dinner later, or snack or w/e.

Thanks! I will try the split pea soup, I think I still have one box left, here in Asia it's impossible to find beans I like sometimes, I had to order it or stuff my suitcase!