Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SoReady4Change

Hair Loss

Rate this Entry
I had surgery on 6/4 and doing well. Recently, I went to my stylist and she indicated that my hair is continuing to shed. I remember a while back some on here talked about hair loss.

Please let me know what products I can use to combat this. I am happy with my weight loss but now I am depress about my hair loss.

Thanks ALL

Submit "Hair Loss" to Digg Submit "Hair Loss" to del.icio.us Submit "Hair Loss" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hair Loss" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

From about 3 1/2 months until now 5 1/2 months I have been loosing hair.
    I use biotin and Phytophanere pills
    Biotin I felt was doing nothing.
    I believe to have noticed a difference when I started taking the phytophanere pills.
    Less hair lost when showering / combing.
    My friend who is a hair dresser and my DR told me its most likely in my head or just so happened that my body is not as stressed from everything when I started the pills.
    Either way I am going to continue taking the dosage as if it makes me feel better so be it.

Another thing I was suggested to do is if possible switch to a comb (no brush)
    You will be a little gentler with your hair causing less to be pulled out.
    Also apparently when it grows back it will be healthier.
    Are you eating enough protein? This will cause your hair to fall out. I started taking biotin three months prior to my surgery. It was a few weeks before I could get the 60grams of protein but I never saw any significant hair lost. Yes I lost some but it was not noticeable and I believe it was the amount I normally lose.
    Hair loss is common. At a year out my hair is starting to fill in again. The hair loss is temporary. Embrace the many other positives of this journey and this too shall pass.
    I have shared this link on the forum before, sorry if you have already read it. I am going to re-post anyway
    This is all about hair loss and WLS. It is very good!

https://www.advancedweightlossnj.com...-hair-loss.php

My hair is naturally thick and wavy. At 6 mo. it started falling out. I reached all my protein goals if not higher, and took all my vitamins and additional supplements, like biotin, fish oil, extra iron, a few others, and I still had massive shedding every time I would shampoo or comb out my hair. It lasted for a few months.
    I could see really thin areas around my hairline.
    But eventually it stopped and started growing back. I am a little over 2 years PO, and it is almost back to normal. I have a lot of new growth and still more coming in.
    The problem is very common. It will grow back