Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

thenewmetoday

Why so few posts?

Rate this Entry
I am wondering why there are not many posts for the last while. I like to read and see how folks are doing and help if I have something to offer.

I have been here for almost 4 years and it used to be so different. I got to know individuals and share, support and sometimes have a good laugh.

I received so much help from the blogs and the sharing. It seems like the forum has all the action now and I am curious why.

Wondering if anyone else is sharing my question and missing the blogs.

Submit "Why so few posts?" to Digg Submit "Why so few posts?" to del.icio.us Submit "Why so few posts?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why so few posts?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I agree, I think a lot of people have been pulled into those private facebook groups. I have been on here over 3 years now, and really can't believe how much it has changed. I used to get so much information from this place, but it seems to be dying off over time. It's a shame because I think the forums are much better indexed for finding info than the FB groups. I really hope people come back to this place. I don't think they realize how much their stories help other people along this journey.
    Good to hear that I am not alone with this. I have a feeling it all started changing when there were so many negative blogs re MX and docs etc. Hope it can survive with a positive atmosphere.

Also some of the format has changed and with it we lost the personal touch.

I fear that the newer members just don't know how supportive it used to be.

Hope we can make it back.
    I am very new member and I'm finding it really hard to get to know anyone, hold a conversation or even "bond". I really was hoping this would be the place for me considering we have something very life changing in common.
    I attribute this site's waning traffic to the removal of the "likes" function. May sound silly, but liking someone's post is a great way to let a poster know they're being heard / listened to / valued.

Mediahound ... this site is a lot less sticky than it used to be. You could fix this.
    Agree with Ann2 re the LIKE it made you feel like you were being heard. Let's hope mediahound sees this.

Eytria hang in and reach out.

Lets hound meiahound to bring the LIKE back!!!!!!!!!!!
    @thenewmetoday ... I would LIKE your post ... if I could.
    Alas! I've been on here for 3+ years and adore this site enough to check it out every day, but a lot of the people on my friends list haven't been on here in years. And darn it, I miss them. It's like having a whole bunch of Tinman's on here to give great advice and a kick in the butt if needed.

Surely we can get to be that way again. I've done years of research and have finally been sleeved so maybe I can be a voice of experience soon rather than just what I've read over and over again from those who aren't on here anymore.
    Thanks Ann2 that means a lot. Back at ya
    I think alot of people just go here at the beginning and then go on with their lives, just a few hard veterans stick with it to help the others. Also, WLS seems to be busiest just before the holidays at the end of the year so we should be getting more people in here soon, a new batch as it seems.
    a bunch of newbies..that sounds good!
    I am on board too! Bring back the "LIKE" I have been here for two years and have made some great online chat friends, and met one member in person from this site who is very dear to me.
    I love reading posts from the old and new members, to get and give advice when I can.
    Sometimes I am here to just read without posting or commenting, but I try to post something every so often, and keep in touch with members in my friends group. I stay away from FB groups.
    This site has been my "support group" all through my journey!
    Thanks guys, I will get to work on building a new like button.
    Mediahound, I LIKE your post.
    I'm a newbie not yet sleeved and haven't set a date yet. So I'm checking out all the info I can get
    I'm hoping that newmetoday is missing me too I stopped using the site so much for a couple of reasons, but I still wander in and out. I notice the one thread, What's on Your Menu, is the one that I used daily for almost 4 years is not the same. I agree that the "like" option is missed because as on Facebook, it's nice to see others are even reading the posts.

I also think the type of questions that some folks are asking are not the same type of inquiries. It used to be a great place to get support without feeling like others aren't really listening to what you're saying, but using the sites as a "venting" arena.

Bring back the old fun, like in the past when it felt like you were sitting around a kitchen table sharing information with friends!
    PS: Thanks, mediahound for the response Nice to know administrators are really listening!
    You're more than welcome!
    I agree, I know I had my surgery in 2011. The world is different now and some times we don't know who we can trust.
    I have only been on this board not quite a year. After the initial period, if I have a question I use the search function and always find my answer. So I just don't have a need to post. Maybe others too?