Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jason.owens

First Week Post-Op

Rate this Entry
Hi! I am currently on an all clear liquid diet for this first week post-op. I was wondering if that is what most of you did or were you allowed to have some protein drinks during that first week? The first few days were fine but now I feel like I am starting to get hungry only having clear liquids. I would say I am probably taking in less than 300 calories per day. My doctor has a stage II that begins next week with protein drinks, cream soups, tomato soup as well as the clear liquids that I can have this week. Wondering if I could consume a protein shake very slowly? The hospital paperwork said "yes' to protein drinks this week but my doctor's protocol said no. Any thoughts?

Submit "First Week Post-Op" to Digg Submit "First Week Post-Op" to del.icio.us Submit "First Week Post-Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "First Week Post-Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My doctor told me that I could have protein drinks when I left the hospital. (some doctors are different) I didn't really want them, or anything for that matter, but my husband stayed on me. It helped with my energy level because I was so tired those first few weeks. Sip, Sip, Sip!
    I feel like they would help my energy level as I am just dragging. I am only drinking sugar free kool-aid, chicken broth, jello, and sugar free popsicles. I just feel I need a little something more to give me energy. My calorie count is usually below 200 everyday.
    I feel like they would help my energy level as I am just dragging. I am only drinking sugar free kool-aid, chicken broth, jello, and sugar free popsicles. I just feel I need a little something more to give me energy. My calorie count is usually below 200 everyday.
    Follow your doctors orders. There are two parts to the surgery. The doctor does his part and then you do your part by following the doctors orders. Those instructions are designed to give your stomach time to heal. If you have complications from changing his eating plan will you be willing to tell him that you didn't think he knew what he was talking about so you did your own thing.
    By no means do I want to go against the doctor. I just know my hospital paperwork says one thing but the booklet pre-surgery I got from my doctor said another. I don't plan on screwing up anything. Nor have I questioned on here my doctor's expertise. Thanks!