Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

luchaheel

Rate this Entry
I recently hit 100 lbs lost and still have 65 to go, definitely kicking it up slowly at the gym to get there. When I started, I was using the bike for my cardio. I eventually worked up to walking on the treadmill. Then running. Then the elliptical. I have a bum knee, and have settled on power walking with a high incline on the tread as my cardio of choice, and it keeps my heart rate right in the sweet spot for weight loss for the longest period of time.

I've been talking to some bodybuilder types about bulking up for 2 reasons. One, I want to burn as many calories as possible at rest, and muscle does that. Also, to reduce loose skin as I lose. I'm lifting and putting on noticeable muscle but I'm not taking in enough protein. Kind of scared to add another protein shake to my day but thinking of trying it for a month to see what happens. I was told to take in the same g of protein as my goal weight, which puts me around 250g. I currently take in maybe 100g a day, and that might be pushing it most days. Roughly 20g per meal and a protein shake pre workout thats around 20 - 25g.

Still avoiding complex carbs, but got kind of addicted to sugar free nips candy. That and coffee w/ cream have slowed my loss but they help kill the other cravings that would probably sabotage my loss. Lately, after 7 months, my appetite is back in full swing. 3 hours after eating, I'm hungry. I know some of you have been doing the smaller, more often meals but I have been doing 3 a day and have been scared to increase from there.

Had to add a b complex vitamin to the mix but other than that, all is good on the nutrition front even though all I eat is meat, eggs and cheese with the rare apple or watermelon. I said I would have a congratulatory dq blizzard at 100 lbs but couldnt bring myself to do it. I'll save it for when I hit goal.

I stopped my blood pressure medicine 2 weeks ago and only had 2 days with a high reading, so I'm hoping it means I'm done with the stuff. That means no scripts. Just vitamins. All of this was worth it for that alone.

Submit "100." to Digg Submit "100." to del.icio.us Submit "100." to StumbleUpon Submit "100." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

250 grams of protein a day?! Google is your friend. In your shoes, I'd consult my surgeon, not random bodybuilders, about how much protein, carbs, fats and calories you should be eating right now.

For years, I lived in that bodybuilding world (was married to one of them). Those guys have zero scientific basis for anything they do. They just repeat what the Joe Golds of the world (and Mr. Universe spokespersons) tell them they should buy and eat or take.

And watch out for the guys with no body fat and bright red skin who sell anabolic steroids out of their trick bags. If you take those things, your dick will shrink all the way up into your appendix.

LOL!
    My nutritionist told me no less than 80 grams of protein a day and no less than 60 grams of carbs a day and no less than 1,000 calories a day. well 2 out of 3 im following lol
    Also let me give you my nurses point of view please. If you take in too much protein your body will have to excrete some through the kidneys and THAT IS NOT a good thing. So talk to your nutritionist. They are the best ones to go to other than your bariatric doctor and then they rely on their nutritionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    250 grams of protein a day?! Google is your friend. In your shoes, I'd consult my surgeon, not random bodybuilders, about how much protein, carbs, fats and calories you should be eating right now.

For years, I lived in that bodybuilding world (was married to one of them). Those guys have zero scientific basis for anything they do. They just repeat what the Joe Golds of the world (and Mr. Universe spokespersons) tell them they should buy and eat or take.

And watch out for the guys with no body fat and bright red skin who sell anabolic steroids out of their trick bags. If you take those things, your dick will shrink all the way up into your appendix.

LOL!
    Thanks for the reply. I did google and found that .6 to 1.1g of protein per pound of bodyweight is the amount recommended to build lean muscle. And bodybuilders doing it for competition can do some pretty dangerous things, but some people truly do it to improve health and wouldn't jeopardize their health...or...dicks.
    Hey Luchaheel! I just saw this post like months later, but I wondered if you had started working out and toning. Hope you're hitting whatever (healthy, non-dick-shrinking) goals you set in place. LoL.