Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

debbievintage

20 days to go...and 2 excruciating days without Caffeine

Rate this Entry
I did it. Cold turkey. No diet coke, no iced tea. And I'm talking 3 large from Jack in the Box a day. Waters good. I can do this. Then it hit, the mother if all headaches and the father of migraines had a baby and named it me. It literally lame me. In bed. The whole day. Water. Pure protein chocalate shakes for liquid. An exedrin? Just a little caffeine, a nip to open the veins. I begged my friends to bring me some to no avail. My son gave in. Generic
2 pack from the gas station. But you know what
I couldnt give in. I knew it was just going to prolong the envitible.
I tylenoled, I watered, I slept. I survived. Second day good until noon. Tylenol. Water. Sleep. Repeat. Each day will bring less and less and I will gain more and more
Here's to a fearless life! Onward ho!

Submit "20 days to go...and 2 excruciating days without Caffeine" to Digg Submit "20 days to go...and 2 excruciating days without Caffeine" to del.icio.us Submit "20 days to go...and 2 excruciating days without Caffeine" to StumbleUpon Submit "20 days to go...and 2 excruciating days without Caffeine" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Debbie you are brave. I did it over a 2 month period. Every day adding some decaf to my caff. I commend you on your success. I'm 14 months out after surgery and I've never gone back. If I have some caffeine now it's in a cup of tea. Any coffee gives me the shakes.
    Good for you! I was never a coffee person but I've heard the stories of going without. You'll be glad you did this now and now after surgery.
    I always liked one of those Starbucks Frappuccino cold drinks.....got one last week and drank half....within a few minutes of finishing I felt horrible, shaky and I'm pretty sure my heart was racing.
    Not fun
    I drank a half of a cup of decaf the day I got home from TJ and having surgery and said BLEHHHH - and went right to the store and got my regular coffee again. I drink a large cup in the morning and then most of the day I drink water. No soda