Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

DCCT

Post Op Day 28

Rate this Entry
Have lost a total of 24 pounds!
Weight loss has slowed down to about half a pound per day, but the scale is still going in the right direction, DOWN!
I know I am not getting the prescribed amount of exercise, water, and protein, but I do my best, and every day is a new day.
Keep trying new foods, like: fish, turkey, sweet potatoes, and string cheese. Everything goes down and stays down, but am very limited in consumption. Never more than 3 to 4 normal size bites, or 7 to 8 baby bites, and I am stuffed like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner.
Still having issues with heartburn, which consists of a nagging, little cough until I take a TUMS.
Will probably try OTC Prilosec soon.
Have a follow up appointment including labs with my PCP in late August, so may even wait until then.
The heat here is stifling, and look forward to the day when I can enjoy the Fall weather for walking and biking. Continue to use the pool, but find it exhausting and requires a two hour nap after swimming.
My clothes are actually looking big on me, and I find this very encouraging.
I have old, smaller sizes I could pull out of the back of my closet, but enjoying the loose look for now.
Still, no regrets!

Submit "Post Op Day 28" to Digg Submit "Post Op Day 28" to del.icio.us Submit "Post Op Day 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "Post Op Day 28" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's great! I'm almost a week post op & I've been watching your journey since I found this site. Very encouraging. So glad you're doing so well.
    Congratulations!!! Your doing so great!!! I went to my 2 week post op today and am doing great, healing and all just fine. I'm meeting with the nutritionist next week to attempt new foods. I'm somewhat hesitant as real foods are not comfortable yet. No vomiting but uncomfortable. I'm taking maybe 3 tbsp of non clear liquid aka thick soup or cottage cheese. How does it feel when you eat real food? Can you feel it go down? Am I just strange??? Lol so happy for your progress!!