Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Little Verbena

The problem with swim suits

Rate this Entry
I couldn't put it off any longer, I had to have a swim suit. I knew I was going to have to face it sooner or later but up until now, I put it off. But for my birthday, hubby bought me the kayak I wanted. (Our birthdays are six weeks apart so I bought him one too) Having a kayak means getting into the water and that means I had to buckle down and get that swim suit.

When I started shopping I found that there are lots of suits out there to help a girl out. Some have built in bras to lift and support, some have tummy tuck technology to smooth a girl out and some have booty lift panels to well, lift a booty. But the problem I found was that none of them did everything. Why do I have to choose? Is it too much to ask to have it all?

I tried on so many my head began to spin. The price range was crazy too. I am sorry but I am not going to spend $140 on a suit. I am pretty sure those suits are not really meant to get wet. Those are for the people that lay around on their yachts looking all glamorous. I am here to tell you, it is pretty hard to look glamorous on a kayak.

I know that some of this in all in my mind. I am still struggling with the idea that I don't have to look like those airbrushed celebs on the magazines. I know that I am a medium/size 8 and I feel pretty good about that. But I also know that I have had years to feel insecure in a swim suit. Now that I am finally a regular sized woman, I still battle those impossible standards that I think I need to meet.

I know too that there is some reality here. There is more skin that is really needed right now. Sure I needed it when I weighted 90+ pounds more than I do now. And I know that I am not some smooth, pre-child baring 20 something. I am a woman of age that has brought two humans into this world and at one time weighed 235 pounds. so I have areas that may not be a challenge for a woman my age that was always a normal size.

Still I wanted a functional swim suit that would cover the saggy belly area, support the girls and maybe even hide that upper thigh area that was a little saggy too.

Finally, I was at the local wholesale club warehouse and they had just the suit for me. It is a two piece with boy short bottoms and a tankini style top. I could use more support for the girls but it covered the belly, and upper thighs just fine. And it even makes my butt look somewhat perky. But the kicker was it was only 17.98. Hell I bought two. It isn't perfect, but the price is right, the major flaws are covered and I don't feel bad getting this in murky lake water or sandy rivers. I think it will do just fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kat_Kayak.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	24793

Submit "The problem with swim suits" to Digg Submit "The problem with swim suits" to del.icio.us Submit "The problem with swim suits" to StumbleUpon Submit "The problem with swim suits" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I completely agree-why can't a suit have it all? I think you just found your calling-design one
    Have fun kayaking and rock that suit you bought-you are gonna rock that suit more than the $140 one anyways
    Love it - you look great - and who cares if the girls aren't perked up at our age!
    OK now ... what's the name of your local "wholesale club"? Is it Sam's? If so, I'm going there this weekend and see if I can find YOUR suit. Thanks for the details. Those are important details.
    Your post made me laugh, because we have a canoe and that is definitely not associated with the word glamorous! lol. My biggest problem now is saggy and baggy. My "pet" names for my legs. Nothing comes down far enough to cover them...very frustrating...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    OK now ... what's the name of your local "wholesale club"? Is it Sam's? If so, I'm going there this weekend and see if I can find YOUR suit. Thanks for the details. Those are important details.
    Ok, I am not making this up... the name of the club is BJs. Yes, I am a card carrying member of the BJs club.

I think they may be a North Carolina thing... I haven't seen them anywhere else.
    I shop at BJ's too! haha!!!! I know exactly what you mean about the swimsuit drama! Glad you found one that you like!
    Hokay ... I'll try to find BJs Club. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann2
    Hokay ... I'll try to find BJs Club. LOL!
    Just as a friendly tip, do NOT put BJ club into Google as a search term. goodness knows what you will get for results.