Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Grace818

July update

Rate this Entry
Updates and more updates...

In the last month and a half I:

1. Changed my psychiatrist appointment. My original appointment was for October and I didn't want to wait that long. I googled "Bariatric psychological evaluations" and got an appointment that week. The appointment was with a doctor who has been doing this for 20 years. It was very helpful; he gave me some good pointers for before/after the surgery. I did have to pay out of pocket though, but worth every penny.

2. Saw the nutritional counselor twice. I've lost about 3 lbs, not a lot of weight but to be honest, my eating has not been great. It's difficult - on the one hand, I know what I need to do. But on the other hand, I know that after the surgery my eating will have to drastically change, so it's so tempting to just...eat.

3. Scheduled my surgery date!! I needed to fit it between family things, a planned family vacation, and work commitments. The date is tentatively scheduled for October 21.

4. Had my endoscopy. I'm a little concerned though; a bunch of stuff showed up. I'm impatiently waiting for the results of nodules that they're biopsying to see if I'm cleared.

5. Off topic, but I became a grandmother for the first time. THiS is why I want to do this - I want to be around as long as possible as my granddaughter grows up.

Submit "July update" to Digg Submit "July update" to del.icio.us Submit "July update" to StumbleUpon Submit "July update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What a great post! I'm finishing up month 5 of my 6 months pre-op required wait and all I have left is the psych evaluation on August 5th. So hopefully I can have my surgery towards the middle of September crossing my fingers for the both of us!

Oh! And I have found that eating a small side salad and yogurt 15 minutes before lunch and/or dinner really helps with my hunger. Just be sure to wait before having your meal(s) good luck!