Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Lyric

Ive lost my way .... Help!!

Rate this Entry

i was sleeved in october 2014. i started out at 275 lbs and im not 233lbs. I feel i could have more progress if i had better eating habits.

I def have learned that this is a tool and not easy fix (i knew it before but now its def drilled in my head)

Im having a hard time changing the fact that i still crave sweets and still snack. And due to my diabetes now being gone... i want them more because i know its not gonna make me feel bad as it did before.

Has anyone had a relapse like me.. finding it difficult to get back on track. Even though im eating less .. its the choices that i have been making to eat.. and how often. My dr. told me i should be further along .. it was tough to hear.
But i'm struggling to get back on track. I dont want to find myself 20lb heavier soon.

Any suggestions.. encouraging words.. something.....
Im not giving up i know each day i have a chance to start over.. but it seems my days are ended with regrets of something i have consumed...

Submit "Ive lost my way .... Help!!" to Digg Submit "Ive lost my way .... Help!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Ive lost my way .... Help!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ive lost my way .... Help!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You got this!
    You have only mildly stepped off the track....
    Suggestions:
    -go see a counselor
    -go see your nutritionist
    -read these wonderful motivating success stories
    -positive self-talk
    -take up a new hobby

start exercising...? (if you haven't yet)
    Exercise is a huge up-lifter!
    eat more protein.
    throw out any foods you know you shouldn't even have in the house.
    Drink lots of water, can you put a flavouring in it to make it feel like you're having a sugary treat?
    Find your balance.
    you can do this, don't let this great tool that you gave yourself go to waste!
    Just think.... YOU CURED YOURSELF OF DIABETES.....that all in itself if a huge success! Just now work (a little harder) to keep it gone.
    Your body loves you already from your changes, how about showing it that you love it back by making the changes you know you need to and take care of yourself.
    every little bit helps
    You can do this!

I wish I had the sleeve done already so I can start seeing my body change!
    Good luck to you and I wish you great success

take care,
    Heather
    Remember how you felt when you were desperate to be sleeved.

Remember your hopes and dreams when you first started.

Find a shrink / counselor / therapist. You need some backup. Don't keep doing the same thing -- you'll just get the same results.

You're right about one thing -- if you don't straighten this out you'll be back where you started. And then what are you going to do?
    I got off track with my weight loss and started back at the beginning. Liquids first and make sure I get my 80grams of protein then go from there. When I crave sweet things I will eat a piece of SF candy but be careful they have a lot of calories or I will eat a yogurt or protein bar. You can do it. Im almost 3 yrs our from my surgery and down over 155 pounds
    Look up SLEEVE RESET.....usually for people 2-3 years out but maybe it can help you get back on track. I know people who have done it and it has helped tremendously!! Good luck ..... YOU CAN DO THIS
    I agree with everyone else. You should be mostly to your goal weight by now. Unfortunately, you only have a year to MAYBE a year and a half to work the heck out of your sleeve before you settle into your new size. Perhaps if you restart the process though, you can learn new ways of eating and develop healthy habits. Exercise a ton and get your protein in so you can hopefully make your sleeve work for ya. You can do this!
    You have been given great advice. First of all, you need a plan. Write down what you plan to eat for the day (healthy), make a plan to add in a walk. You have to get on top of this situation or you will be right back where you started. Eliminate the negative self-talk and replace it with all of the positive self-talk things that you plan to do to get yourself back on track.
    I am almost 3 yrs out and since day 1 I mark down what I eat, how many calories, carbs and protein. I wont allow myself to go over 1,000 calories or over 60 grams of carbs.
    That was per nutritionist request.
    But my weight has been at a standstill for months now so I went back to beginnings. You remember. Liquids first.....then pureed foods......then real food? Try the pouch test. A lot do it when they need to get back on track. Try it here's the link
    http://5daypouchtest.com/
    Sleeve reset will help you tremendously.
    Not sure I can help you as I'm in a dip at the end of my year! I've lost the weight loss they expected me too but old habits are there. Do exercise as that helps shape you and also speeds up metabolism. Good luck.x
    Thanks everyone!!! I'm going to try my best to get back on track ! This was definitely great advice !!