Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SpringRose

Parents

Rate this Entry
Summer- oh how bitter sweet! I am loving having my three kids home, but it has caused me to not go to the gym save for twice a month. Due to this I am back at 150 and unmotivated. I have also found a deep love for ice cream. So it's a wonder I am not over 150. Still, I also am failing to get adequate protein due to chasing kids, keeping up with homework, and other daily tasks.

What are some tricks to stay healthy during the summer with the kids at home?

I am FAILING hardcore, and need to get back on track. Everything I try seems to be unsuccessful.

Any suggestion will be useful- thanks!

Submit "Parents" to Digg Submit "Parents" to del.icio.us Submit "Parents" to StumbleUpon Submit "Parents" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have 4 boys and since they've been out of school things have gotten CRAZY. I completely understand about how easy it is to get off track.

As for me, I still have my pre-mixed protein shake for breakfast so that helps with starting the day off right and getting in as good 30 grams of protein right off the bat. Another thing that has been neat is we got a "Magic Bullet" or whatever their called. the little personal upside down blender thingy's. My husband uses it every morning for his breakfast shake but the boys have gotten really interested in it. You can put all kinds of stuff in it and make a smoothie and if you do it right, they are pretty tasty and can be a healthy alternative to ice cream. If you look on pinterest there are all kinds of tasty options. A little ice, fruit, and protein powder make some delicious smoothies. Then there are several that you can make that are chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, etc.. It definitely hits the spot. And the best thing is by adding protein powder and other healthy ingredients, it's tasty and nutritious. Our favorite ingredients are fresh spinach and frozen blueberries with vanilla or chocolate protein powder. I also like one that you make with sugar free pudding.. go look on pinterest for ideas.

We also go for an almost daily family walk or bike ride.. Now that it's so hot we go early morning or more frequently, late afternoon. We also go swimming several times a week as a family. I think that really helps... make your family time about being healthy. It gets them involved which makes it easier on you. Gets them on healthy habits and since you now have partners in eating healthy and exercising, its more enjoyable for you. It's crazy.. my boys have gotten to where they ask me how much protein is in their food. haha

Anyway, I know the struggle, believe me. But before we know it school will be starting and we will all be back on a schedule and it will get easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by didishae
    I have 4 boys and since they've been out of school things have gotten CRAZY. I completely understand about how easy it is to get off track.

As for me, I still have my pre-mixed protein shake for breakfast so that helps with starting the day off right and getting in as good 30 grams of protein right off the bat. Another thing that has been neat is we got a "Magic Bullet" or whatever their called. the little personal upside down blender thingy's. My husband uses it every morning for his breakfast shake but the boys have gotten really interested in it. You can put all kinds of stuff in it and make a smoothie and if you do it right, they are pretty tasty and can be a healthy alternative to ice cream. If you look on pinterest there are all kinds of tasty options. A little ice, fruit, and protein powder make some delicious smoothies. Then there are several that you can make that are chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, etc.. It definitely hits the spot. And the best thing is by adding protein powder and other healthy ingredients, it's tasty and nutritious. Our favorite ingredients are fresh spinach and frozen blueberries with vanilla or chocolate protein powder. I also like one that you make with sugar free pudding.. go look on pinterest for ideas.

We also go for an almost daily family walk or bike ride.. Now that it's so hot we go early morning or more frequently, late afternoon. We also go swimming several times a week as a family. I think that really helps... make your family time about being healthy. It gets them involved which makes it easier on you. Gets them on healthy habits and since you now have partners in eating healthy and exercising, its more enjoyable for you. It's crazy.. my boys have gotten to where they ask me how much protein is in their food. haha

Anyway, I know the struggle, believe me. But before we know it school will be starting and we will all be back on a schedule and it will get easier.

This was very helpful. My husband had a expo his work had us go to and I gained 4 pounds- AHHH! I did look into the pinterest thing. I think it's going to make a huge difference. I noticed I am snacking ALL DAY. And the protein is low ...... I am hoping to get my hubby to the gym with me, or out walking. He is up to 245 and doesn't want to even try to be healthy and active. It makes it hard. Went for a hike yesterday and it was amazing. I may have to find something like that daily. I wish we had a pool I have heard it makes a huge difference.
    Thanks for all the fun info!
    Spring
    Drink a protein shake (25 grams of protein) for breakfast every day. Starts your day off the right way.

Good luck.
    If you like icecream then have you tried a Yonanas machine? You put a frozen banana through it, and you have icecream! add peanut butter, or other fruit, if you want. you tube the machine and not expensive at all, a healthy alternative for the whole family. Everyone can make their own flavours