Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sonya75

Vitamin deficient

Rate this Entry
Okay, before everyone starts scolding me, I do take my vitamins religiously, following my bariatric sugeons directions. At 12 months out all vitamins checked out, my iron was even high. So the only adjustment I made was to take the iron every other day because he said that is what I was supposed to be doing in the first place...oops! About a month and a half ago I be can to feel extremely tired all of the time so I went to my family doctor. He said I was "terribly" anemic ( his words). Anyway, he has me taking elemental iron 3 times a day and will test me in 2 more weeks, if it isn't high I will have to take iron shots. I also went to a homeopathic doctor to test me for anything I might be deficient in. I'll get the results about the same time. My question is, has anyone else still had absorption problems while taking their vitamins? And should I skip the family doctor and try to get an appt with my surgeon (he's always so booked that's why I haven't bothered)?

Sorry if this subject is out there somewhere, I'm not very good at finding things with the search feature on this site.

Submit "Vitamin deficient" to Digg Submit "Vitamin deficient" to del.icio.us Submit "Vitamin deficient" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vitamin deficient" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i would definately book with your surgeon..they should be monitoring you anyhow!!
    I was about the same thing. My iron was edging towards being high so my Bariatric Nut. told me to take my iron every other day. And so far its been ok.
    calcium and iron are a bad combo also. Should be taken 2-3 hours apart.