Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGSetyoufree

On the mend and back to exercise

Rate this Entry
I'm happy to report that I have been healing pretty well. My ribs and back are about 90% better, the shoulder hurts, but my range of motion gets better every day and my left arm isn't useless anymore. Don't need the sling all the time. I have a follow up with an orthopedist on 7/6 for xrays.
My main concern since this accident was my inability to exercise. I was able to maintain good eating habits and have been walking and using the exercise bike for about the last ten days. I was pleased to see 215 on the scale yesterday especially since I was immobile for nearly three weeks. With absolutely no resistance training it's likely I lost a little muscle, but being down 4 lbs over the last 2 weeks is fine with me. I have been doing better drinking my water. I probably averaged only about 48 oz/day since surgery, but not for lack of trying. Even sweating from exercise hadn't improved my ability to drink fluids, but I am getting in close to 60 oz/day recently.
Good luck to everyone. Stay strong.

Submit "On the mend and back to exercise" to Digg Submit "On the mend and back to exercise" to del.icio.us Submit "On the mend and back to exercise" to StumbleUpon Submit "On the mend and back to exercise" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am glad you are recovering quickly.

Keep up the great work you have been doing and exercise per your orthopedist's recommendations.
    Glad you're feeling better!
    Very good news, Mike. Glad you're doing so much better.