Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

VSGSetyoufree

Bone density test?

Rate this Entry
Had a check up with my PCP on 4/21 and he suggested I go for a bone density test. Anybody else have this? I guess he wants to see if my skeleton has lost weight. The nurses at his office were slack jawed when they saw me. Very complimentary. Weighed in at 230.

Submit "Bone density test?" to Digg Submit "Bone density test?" to del.icio.us Submit "Bone density test?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bone density test?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had one when I turned 50 but that was way before I lost weight.
    I am sure that they want to make sure that you are not losing bone density. Had one done recently and there is some loss (not much) I take caltrate with D chewys yum.
    I had one done a few months ago.
    I am a year and half post op. It is good to have it done just in case you need an additional supplement to prevent bone loss. I think it is pretty common when you are losing weight at a steady rate.
    Great job on your weight loss!
    well they arent hard..so that is good..congrats on all your loss!!
    I think they start them at 50, and then you have them every few years depending on your results. I just keep taking my calcium + D and hope for the best!
    Thanks all I hope I do as well on the bone density test as I did on my hepatitis test. On that I got an A, two B's and a C.