Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

diamonddiva

Reality Check

Rate this Entry
yesterday I saw some pictures that a lady friend of mine took it was of me and my dog on a day that I thought I was looking pretty great I was feeling thin was feeling a trash bin it was a good day. when I saw the pictures I was devastated I don't really like very many people take my picture especially without me posing them for the right angle when I saw these pictures my heart broke.I did not realize that that was what I look like that is not what I see in the mirror. so there started the never ending process of self loathing I'm comfortable in my skin self-conscious rethinking my wardrobe excetera excetera. a few hours later one of my very loyal customers came in the booth and gave me a hug said she was excited for me and was here for me no matter what I need it. though the way I felt in my skin does not change it was wonderful to know that even if the closest loved ones that I have will not give me their support somebody is as excited as I am. as the day for my surgery comes closer and closer I am more more excited. I have a new life ahead of me that is only days away from beginning.

Submit "Reality Check" to Digg Submit "Reality Check" to del.icio.us Submit "Reality Check" to StumbleUpon Submit "Reality Check" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Those reality checks suck. Just when you think you've found the cutest top and some nice jeans and feel good...then, pop, you see a pic or video or whatever of yourself. I'm just glad there are people out there (like me) that don't look at others and see their fat!
    Ive had those moments too, it sucks! One of the things on my sleeve "bucket list" is to be comfortable enough to have someone take a pic and post it on social media without me having to approve it all the time. Im tired of taking a pic and thinking to myself - suck in the gut, watch out for the double chin, hide the tires on the love handles, stand behind someone to hide the weight, smile like your having a good time when in all honestly I was miserable. Im not quite there yet but Im a hell of a lot closer than I was 3 months ago. The best is yet to come.....
    Oh how I know this feeling.....and the reality always hits when you think you look good....it knocks us down but I keep remembering I am about to take permanent control of my life with this surgery and I jump right back up......this is only temporary....we will soon be on the road to feeling and looking amazing!! Stay positive, wishing you a good surgery. I am in the beginning stages.
    Our photographic expectations of ourselves are so unrealistic!

And when someone just *snaps* a single photo of us we have no control at all. The reasons we look so great in our lifetime favorite photos of ourselves are thanks to professional photography, a single shot chosen from dozens of lesser pix, killer filters, great lighting, and blind dumb luck. That's true of us on our best day, not to mention a few days before we undergo WLS.

It's just one photograph. In six months you won't even recognize yourself! In a good way, of course.
    You're going to look fabulous soon and those bad memories will fade!
    I sure know what you mean! If we get pictures developed, I look through them first and throw away the worst of mine.
    My surgery is coming up soon, May 4th Can't wait.
    mams
    wow I'm really glad I'm not the only one everybody tells me that it's just in my head but I know it's in the picture. it is very exciting I am now so much closer to being what I know I am. but I'm still scared and nervous I wish I could just close my eyes and surgery day would be here.
    I know how you feel. I saw myself in a video my husband took of my kids. I didn't know my buttons was so big. It was terrible.
    All I can tell you is that love yourself no matter what you feel you look like externally. Being healthy and chosing to live better is respectable. Irrelevant of your size you deserve to be loved and respected. Don't look at those pictures as "eww loom at me" Just say, "okay I got out of control, but this IS changing, I am beautiful, amzing and love me too much to be unhealthy" Make it a goal to have a beautiful spirit. I took bra and underwear pictures of myself before the surgery and I have a rippely butt. So I had a better looking butt in my lifetime, but I still demand love and respect and I am still beautiful! I wish you the best luck on your new journey! I pray that you love you for the amazing person you are and you seperate that from the number in the scale.