Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

shimmerini

No hunger but still want to eat all the time

Rate this Entry
I am 8 days out of surgery and putting something in my mouth all day long. I see tv commercials that make me want to eat something. Is this normal? I am so worried that nothing will change and I will regain the weight back quickly. will this get better once I am on real food?

Submit "No hunger but still want to eat all the time" to Digg Submit "No hunger but still want to eat all the time" to del.icio.us Submit "No hunger but still want to eat all the time" to StumbleUpon Submit "No hunger but still want to eat all the time" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My suggestion would be to turn the tv off when the commercials come on and go walk. I felt same thing for a while...I didn't eat but would crave that food item until the next craving came along...one time it was for ketchup, one time pizza, green beans ( and I don't even like green beans ) , one time salad...it's called head hunger..I am 5 weeks out and it's pretty much gone now, and I am on full protein for two more weeks. I am looking forward to my next stage where I can have veggies and hopefully some of those previous cravings will fe a distant memory.

Hang in there, you can get passed this....follow your plan, and try not to eat when you aren't supposed to.
    it is called head hunger and yes it is normal..especially after 8 days and wanting to eat..frankly i chewed sugar free gum..i know that they say it is a no no (they dont want you to swallow it), but it was the only thing that got me thru that ..now that i can eat..( 6 weeks out) it is not as rough..
    I also chewed sugar-free gum in the beginning and it really helped me with dry mouth and just doing something with my mouth other than drinking liquids. At a point, I even licked a Dorito It is just the juices in your new belly wondering what to do now that it's so much smaller and the juices are still rolling around. Try to occupy your mind and move around as much as possible. As the positive changes occur, the urges to eat will diminish. Also, I was addicted to the Food Network and loved the smell of foods cooking, crazy but true. Hang in there as it gets better and better! Love that little doggie, when you feel like eating maybe you can take the baby for a walk or just hug him/her; I had 3 doggies at the time of surgery and they helped me tremendously to pass time Continued success!
    Hmmm, I don’t feel hungry but I do crave certain foods. I to see many things on television that have me salivating, especially those lobster trio commercials; name of the restaurant escapes me at the moment, but those food commercials are the devil to those just coming off sleeve surgery. It’s much easier to just turn the channel and just try and focus on something else, like all those beautiful clothes you’ll be able to fit into and how great you’re going to be feeling after having dropped the weight you wanted to
    Thanks everyone!!! I have not heard of head hunger but that is a great way to describe it! You all are so encouraging. I do walk a lot at work and I have stopped watching tv. And, I learned my lesson tonight when I tried a bit of sliced deli chicken. lol Everyone have a GRAND weekend!