Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jeannene

10 weeks out......UGH

Rate this Entry
So I am now 10 weeks out. No more nausea for the most part. Once in a while I get a little bit. What I struggle most with now is eating enough and remembering to take my vitamins. My weight loss seems so slow. I can be the same weight for 1- 2 weeks and then only lose 2 lbs. I just don't get it. I am walking a mile a day. I think 2 lbs for 2 weeks is ridiculous. It is hard to get enough calories in because I can only eat such small amounts. Protein is another struggle for me. Meat in general doesn't seem to sit well with me. It feels like it just sits there and I can hardly eat any of it. Either way I am not over eating by any means. I guess I didn’t expect my weight loss to be this slow this early out. I’ve read after the first 6 months things slow down, but I’m no where near that mark. And I feel like it’s already slowed to a crawl. Any suggestions? Anybody else experience weight loss this slow this early out?

Another thing emotionally I am struggling with is that I am still very much a heavy person. Even though I have went from 263 on my surgery day to 226 now, 226 is still very big on me. I wish I felt better about myself. I wish i looked better. And when I get on the scale and it is not moving it freaks me out. I only weigh like once a week. But usually I stall for a week and a half to two weeks. Then like I said only drop a few lbs. Sorry to seem down, but I am. I'm frustrated.

Submit "10 weeks out......UGH" to Digg Submit "10 weeks out......UGH" to del.icio.us Submit "10 weeks out......UGH" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 weeks out......UGH" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Have you talked with your nutritionist? They should be able to help you figure out ways to get more protein in, and it could be that maybe you aren't getting enough calories in per day.
    I've had to remind myself almost daily- don't compare yourself to other people on this site or in person who have had surgery. This is YOUR journey and YOUR body. I am not losing as fast as some others, and sometimes I allow it to get me down. But my body, age and my health is different than theirs. Take care of you! Don't allow yourself to think bad about you! You have made such a positive and major decision to improve your health and your life. It didn't take us 6 months to put 100 extra pounds on, it may take longer than 6 months to take it off.
    Take care and keep us posted on your progress
    that is an average of 3.7 per week which is amazing. and you are only 10 weeks out. I'm 15 weeks out and am at 45lbs. Some of us just lose slower. Doesn't mean I don't wish my numbers were higher but think of it this way, at least it gives your to bounce back!
    You doing fine, you will have stalls get that protein in are you going to lose muscle and hair.. in about 7 months you will even back out. Remember this is a life style change the surgery is a temporary fix.. so stay away from sweets and soft drinks and get a mindset you will have to exercise.... after that first year you will start craving sweets and soft drinks.... I am almost four years out and I have picked up a little weight for eating junk and no exercise so I'm back on my grind eating healthy counting calories and hard cardio I refuse to go back... it's a journey emotional and physical. I lost a friend of 25 years because of her comments which was sad. You will see who is far you. But most important you got to motivate yourself. Good life style change... healthy is better!
    Try different proteins. I too had problems with that. I found that fish went down the best. Shrimp, crab, mild white. You might have to go back to shakes at least once a day. That's what I did To keep my protein at 60mg or higher. For the vitamins, They sre VERY IMPORTANT! I just had my one year check up including all my vitamin levels and I'm right where I should be. DON'T NEGLECT THIS PART! I have a niece who has been hospitalized twice now. She had WLS 15 years ago and was never told to take vitamins. She's in bad shape because your body eventually runs out of reserves. I put an app on my phone "MediSafe" . Every week I fill my pill boxes for the week and they go with me. For you newbies, in the beginning, I was taking pills 12 times a day because I could only swallow 1 or 2 at a time. (This includes heart medication which I'll take forever ) I'm down to 6 times a day, but feel great. I know, it's a pain to remember, but definitely worth it. Good luck