Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jburt1202

3 months down and I think I am not eating enough....Help

Rate this Entry
I think I am not eating enough..I havent really been tracking and really didnt want to. I did this surgery because I didnt want to diet anymore and I refuse too. I have lost 38 pounds to date, I wasnt required to do a pre op diet and lost 25 pounds the first month, 9 the second month and 4 this month. Been riding my bike for exercise and getting as much fluids in as I can.. I just cant seem to eat that much and dont want to force...I did make some egg salad and whole wheat toast for breakfast this morning and ate almost all of it in a 25 min span.. seems if I eat slow I can get more in? Strange.. Am I off track on this? Does someone need to slap me????? How do you make sure you get enough food??????

Submit "3 months down and I think I am not eating enough....Help" to Digg Submit "3 months down and I think I am not eating enough....Help" to del.icio.us Submit "3 months down and I think I am not eating enough....Help" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 months down and I think I am not eating enough....Help" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can help you on this. I "thought" I was eating too much yesterday. I tracked everything. When my head said "Manzerick is falling back into his old habits... LET'S SEE THE LIST!!".

I was at 1045 calories at 1:00PM. From my readings I should have 2600 cal's a day, with my activity level. On a "fat day", I don't hit 2600.

Why am I saying this?

Ialso don't want to diet but, realize my brain lies to me. It lied to get me to 444 lbs, it lies to m now. I need to concede that I am not an expect on food, servings, or when to eat. Right now, I'm so scared of regain, but also like you, don't want to diet. I aim to make my choices right, and right sized. overeating salad is BAD because it's like a drug user.

More is addiction.. addiction is the problem.

I was eating too little, add protein shakes (2-3 a day), and started dropping at a rate not seen since the beginning of this journey.

I can't speak if this is going on with you but, this is from my own life. PM if you want, my rants are interesting to say the least

and... keep trucking along!! you got this!
    You're fairly soon post-op, and it's normal to feel you're not eating enough. Your body will adjust. Even though you don't want to "diet", it's a good idea to track your food in some way so that you know what you're taking in during the day. I remember telling my surgeon that I didn't think I was eating enough, and his response, "Isn't that why you had the surgery?" It was, and now I just do what I can and follow the plan as closely as possible for someone who is almost 4 years post-op. BTW: I still can't eat too much, but I like it!!! You will find your body adjusts as you add food and scale will reflect changes as well as your inches.
    some of us are just slower losers. my surgery was 12/17, i lost 10lbs on the preop diet, and have lost a total of 45 lbs and am 15 weeks out. I am fortunate or unfortunate depending on how you look at it and can eat almost anything(except tortilla chips??) and have no problems. no acid reflux, no throwing up, nothing. i'm drinking 100 oz of water a day. I am now trying to up my protein, i get between 60-80 grams a day and am going for 100 to see what happens. This really is a journey, not a race. My friend who was close in size to me, lost 50 lbs by 3 months and 70, by 5..but she also had severe nausea and other issues..I'm good, slow and steady wins the race. Not to say i wish it would be faster at times..and I excerise a min of an hour a day, 5 x a week and have done that since one week out. The blog is full of people who think its now working and it does. Keep your head up, you will do great
    I think there is a difference between not eating enough and not eating enough calories. I know you do not want to keep track, but you should. The reason is stalls. I found that I wasn't losing and was getting frustrated because I barely was able to eat. Once I wrote it down I was only getting 500 calories a day with exercise. That is not enough. I upped it to 800 and broke my stall and have lost a 1/2lb to a lb daily the past week. Keeping track in the beginning will help you to see what foods are your triggers too. You may think you are not eating much, but when you write it down you may be eating way to many calories or not enough. Also the longer you sit there and the slower you eat the more you can take it. It takes on a grazing effect. So if you are eating longer than 20 minutes stop.