Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BlondieinTX

Onederland! Yippee!!!!

Rate this Entry
Today I hit onederland! I nearly fell off the scale when it said 199! I'm sure I'll bounce up and down a few pounds as I always do. But I'm still claiming it!! At age 14 when I got my sports physical for volleyball, I weighed 205. That was ninth grade, people! Squeeee!

At the same time, I realize that I have to keep up the fight! The fight will never be over for me. Either we fight to lose or fight to maintain. So no slacking or cheating now! In the past, that was my favorite trick--to lose weight and use food as a reward or use the weight loss as a reason to cheat.

I also had a couple of NSVs too! For the first time in my adult life, my husband picked me up and carried me! I've always been the one wondering if a ladder will hold me, if I'll fit in a restaurant booth, or if the person in the seat next to me on the airplane is secretly disgusted by me. My brain was the worst place to be when I was heavier. I still have thoughts like this now. I guess the brain changes more slowly than the body. A lifetime of being overweight really takes its toll, psychologically.

My other NSV was realizing that i can now sit with my knees pulled up to my chest! Sounds silly, but it's amazing to discover my new body! I did a bunch of mowing and weedeating in the yard, sat down to rest, and found myself sitting there with my chin on my knees!!! What?! No struggling? No panting? Just comfortably resting. It's a new world and I'm so happy to start shedding all of the layers of armor (mental and physical) I've built to insulate myself over the years!

What are some of your breakthroughs or layers you've been able to shed after surgery?

Submit "Onederland! Yippee!!!!" to Digg Submit "Onederland! Yippee!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Onederland! Yippee!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Onederland! Yippee!!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Way to go, that is a wonderful feeling and there will be more.
    Nice!!!!!!
    Congratulations!
    That's so great, mine is crossing my legs, it's getting easier. Also In Zumba at the end we are to grab our foot balance and stretch our leg. Just last week I was able to grab the heal of my shoe. My Zumba teacher looked my way and smiled. She knew that was a huge achievement for me. I am so happy for you to be under 200, keep up the good work.
    Patty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout mom
    That's so great, mine is crossing my legs, it's getting easier. Also In Zumba at the end we are to grab our foot balance and stretch our leg. Just last week I was able to grab the heal of my shoe. My Zumba teacher looked my way and smiled. She knew that was a huge achievement for me. I am so happy for you to be under 200, keep up the good work.
    Patty
    Thanks so much, everyone! Patty, that's awesome! Who knew crossing legs or grabbing your foot for a stretch would feel so good? Congrats on your NSVs too!
    Congratulations. keep up the good work. It is time for you to go summer clothes shopping
    Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm 30 pounds from onederland and can't wait to get there! The last time my weight started with a 1 I was a freshman in high school!
    YAYAYAYAYAY congrats hon. I cant wait till I can get there.
    That is fantastic news!!enjoy the onderland..I didn't care if mine was 199.9..i hit it : )