Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MrsSize4

1st Bowel Movement after Gastric Sleeve

Rate this Entry
Can one of you all share when you had your 1st bowel movement. I am on day 5 and have not had a bowel movement. When should I expect one?

Submit "1st Bowel Movement after Gastric Sleeve" to Digg Submit "1st Bowel Movement after Gastric Sleeve" to del.icio.us Submit "1st Bowel Movement after Gastric Sleeve" to StumbleUpon Submit "1st Bowel Movement after Gastric Sleeve" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was about day 6 or 7. When you get cleared to, adding the fiber in your diet is key! Stool softeners are too!
    I was day six after surgery. Walking and getting in all my liquids helped.
    People are telling me to take a laxative. I think I am making a green smoothie today. Hopefully it will help.
    I had my 1st BM yesterday. I am making green smoothies on a daily now, so no more problems with that. I have also increased my exercise & I walked 1.2 miles yesterday. =0) today I will do a repeat at the park.
    What is in a green smoothy ??
    They gave me a suppository at the hospital the day after surgery and I had a bowel movement that night.
    Its a blended drink I make with a blender (vitamix) Usually it's green vegetables such as, spinach, broccoli , asparagus, kale or any other greens and usually whatever fruit you like. Those types of green mix will help you go to the restroom
    3rd day after surgery when I got home, I used a saline enema. I have problems with impaction and I wanted to get the plumbing going.