Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Up4Change

Anyone Else?

Rate this Entry
I am 4 weeks out and hit a stall for the past week and a half and I had joined Planet Fitness and have gone 4 times in the past 7 days. I bike and run an average of 5 miles on cardio machines on those days along with lifting weights and although I am at my real eating stage now and pretty much off protein shakes and I do feel pretty full quick from eating anything still. I was wondering if I eventually will be able to tolerate a little more food intake overtime because I am concerned if I am getting enough protein in and keeping my metabolism working at its best. Not sure if this is causing me my stall and or is it just that I may be converting fat into muscle? I was not too crazy about the shakes but if thats what I need to go back to then so be it. Please help if anyone out there has been in a similar situation including have joined a gym or exercising, Thanks.

Submit "Anyone Else?" to Digg Submit "Anyone Else?" to del.icio.us Submit "Anyone Else?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Anyone Else?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What can I say...we have all been there, would be strange if it didn't happen. This will happen along the way, the body knows what it is doing. Do not weigh too often, once per week is usually best, same time (after first pee in am) same scale, naked. Good luck
    Stay focused. Don't weigh yourself. It will break. Keep doing what your doing.
    I'm 7 weeks post opt. I'm still drinking protein drinks (nectar brand) to supplement my protein so I get my 65-75 grams per day. I'm slowly making the transition away from the drinks but at this stage I can't eat enough protein to get my daily requirement. I haven't done the shakes since before surgery but I do use the Nectar brand of protein. It's less like a shake and more like a crystal light drink. You didn't say but you do need to make sure you are getting enough protein or you will lose muscle mass and possibly hair. MyFitnessPal is a great resource for logging and tracking your intake. Good luck with your journey.
    I had my surgery January 19th. I had my first 2 week stall at about 5 weeks. I'm in my second one now. No loss for about 9 days. The first one made me insane, but getting past it and on the move again showed me not to worry. I usually walk a bit more and work really hard on getting my water and protein in. It will pass, I promise..
    i had to drink protein shakes until i started solid foods and could hold about a cup at a time and you are right around the three week stall look it up on the threads on here everybody experiences the dreaded stall
    protein protein protein!!