Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kee77

2 - 3 Week Post Op

Rate this Entry
Hey Everyone~

Sorry it has taken me so long to write my next follow up blog. I have been busy trying to get myself back into the routine of daily life but as a new sleever.

Week 2~ Where do I start... My second week post op was a little trying. I had a lot of issues with gas, my throat and swallowing. It seemed that the tightness goes and comes. It was too the point I could not tell if I was full or not. It took me longer than I thought to really get over the stuck feeling that comes in your throat when you are drinking. Oh, the gurgling and bubbles popping in my throat really get on my nerves it is so irritating.. LOL.
I decided to go to the store and purchase some Pepcid AC that has helped so much. You can take 2 a day and it is well worth it at least for me (Cleared by PCP). The blockage that I was feeling in my chest is now gone and I can swallow and eat in peace. The gurgling is still there but not so bad now. I am thinking that will be with me always...

Everything stinks!!! Its like I had an operation on my nose. Black Coffee, grease,eggs certain things just make me wanna puke. I dont like things that I use to love. I really hated water; I forced myself to drink it. Before surgery, I found that flavored water really helped me to be interested enough to drink it. Now, I cant stand it; I just want regular plain water.

Stitches~ I went to have my stiches removed (no I did not do them myself) some of them where very tight. They healed very well no complaints. I used Physician Now they took my insurance and I just paid my co pay. The larger stitch that the drain was in was still leaky. But it has completly cleared up now.

Week 3 ~ I have started eating some foods. Mainly yougurt, chicken, turkey, mash potatoes, salad. I will tell you that deli lunch meat is the best it can be sliced really thin and provides you will the protein I need. I normally eat a greek yogurt in the morning for breakfast. Mine has about 12grams. Yes, I do eat salad I feel like I need some veggies which for me helps with constipation. Things I eat have to be balanced; too much of one or the other is not good for me. I can do 2 or 3 bites of lettuce nothing else in it, low fat dressing. Protein shakes are horrible now I cannot stomach them. I am hoping that I will find a way to get my protein in through other ways.

Weight Loss~ What everyone has been waiting for... LOL My weightloss has been great. I am amazed with my progress. I mean going from loosing a pound here and there to a pound everyday is AWESOME!!! Overall, I have lost 31 pounds and I am down one dress size. 14 pounds since surgery, At first I was weighing everyday; now I only weigh once a week. I will provide my weightloss breakdown below..

As always, I love your support. If you have any questions for me, please send me a message. I try to answer all questions as soon as I see them. I love to share so dont be shy in aksing me anything no matter what it is. We are all in this together. Thanks for reading and I will blog again at my 6 week mark.

XOXOXXO
Kee

Highest Weight: 350
Start of Liquid Diet Pre Op: 346
Surgery Weight: 332
Current Weight: 318

Submit "2 - 3 Week Post Op" to Digg Submit "2 - 3 Week Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "2 - 3 Week Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "2 - 3 Week Post Op" to Google

Comments

Awesome! Thank you for sharing and it sounds like you are doing really good
    Thanks Crybaby!! I hope you are doing better and being sucessful!!
    Great job, isn't it amazing the changes we go through!
    So glad you are doing much better with those pesky issues. Great loss of those unwanted pounds!!
    I really appreciate all your info and suggestions on how to handle those pesky issues. Looking forward to your next report.. Getting close to my big day now so all your info has really helped me be prepared. Stay well and keep on getting in the protein and water..
    things will get better i did not want much first starting out now that i am on solids i to get in my protein with food i eat high protein foods so that helps i dont have to have the protein shake anymore i only use it if i dont want to eat a meal cause i am not hungry or something just hang in there girl your doing great
    That profile pic! You have a gorgeous face!
    Hey girl! Glad to hear you are doing well. You know what, I can't drink a protein shake to save my life right now! after the surgery, they make me throw up. I tried 4 different kinds and each time, it comes back up. Sheesh, guess i'm not a freak after all. I'm getting my protein in other ways also.
    Keep up the good work. I'm down 26 lbs, yea! Fotunately, it keeps getting better by the day. Keep up the good work.
    Congratulations, you're doing great.
    Good effort!

Best wishes.
    Awesome
    I've watched you from the beginning and so glad things are going well (better ) can't wait to hear your next update. Best of health to you.
    Well i am on day 6, struggling with acid reflux too. UGH!! The pep-cid, was it in any other form other then pill? Or did you take the pill? Still in the scary part for me as to what will go down or not. So far trying just to get in the liquids, but keep running up against ones that are acid producing.
    Looking forward to your next update. You are doing great!!
    Hey Catlover I swallowed pills but my MyLanta works well too. Hang in there!! It gets better.