Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Joan3

Update

Rate this Entry
Well I went to my family doctor yesterday and got weighed for the first time since surgery on January 31/15. I have lost 23 pounds in just about eight weeks, I'm not very happy with that but what an I do ? I have stayed on the program, never had anything I was not supposed to , measured my food, drank 30 after meal and stopped 30 before. I got 70-94 grams of protein in a day, and drank my liquids. If you see anywhere I'm going wrong please tell me. I lost 11 pounds on the pre op diet. My starting weight was 242 pounds.

Submit "Update" to Digg Submit "Update" to del.icio.us Submit "Update" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't think your doing anything wrong, sounds like your doing what we are told to do. some people loose faster others loose slower. I was done one month before you, started 255 I'm 197. Lost quick first month and slower since. Do you excercise at all? I've been pretty good about using my elliptical every other day from 20min to 50 min depending on how I feel or if my kids need me. I've also heard the more you weigh the faster you loose. Who knows? With the Amt of food we can eat were gonna loose it.....eventually. I measure out 3oz of meat for dinneR. Some days I eat it all some days I eat half. I usually have 1 cup of soup for lunch and a yogurt for breakfast. Maybe try kicking up your calories for a day to jump start the weight loss....ive heard others have done this in a stall and lost....just keep doing what your doing, excercise if you can. It'll happen. (That's what I keep telling myself) 23÷8 = 2.88 pounds loosing per week....that's great
    I am just 60 days post op today, and I'm losing pretty slowly. I keep reminding myself this isn't a race. This is an individual journey that we each go through. I'm losing slow, but I AM losing. Where would I be if I didn't have the surgery? I was 286 when I started this journey almost a year ago, and I would not be a 230 today without it. I probably would be at the door of 300. I have more energy, and look forward to going for a walk.

We can't compare ourselves with someone else, we just can't. Our bodies are different, our health is different, and our journey to get here and the journey itself is different.
    Celebrate your success so far, and find ways to celebrate every milestone.
    Beachgirl is so right...DO NOT compare yourself with others weight loss because I am 5 months out and only lost 31 lbs!!! but I'm thankful for the 31...I don't know why because I get in my exercise and I eat well so I'm just not going to worry myself about it because I look great!!!! I see where ppl post they've lost 60 lbs in a month and I'm like WHAT, REALLY!!! are they telling the truth? but , hey...it is what it is. We didn't gain that weight in a month and we darn sure ain't gone lose it all in a month...slow is the way 2 go...no hanging skin or looking sick for me so I'm good. Don't worry!!!
    23 lbs gone forever is fantastic! Not everyone will have the same rate of success. Keep in mind genetic factors, age, health, predisposition to weight loss, and exercise activity can cause weight loss to vary between individuals. That said, I have often been reluctant to post my successes here as quite often others would reach out to me to see what they were dong wrong as they weren't experiecing the same results. Run your race.