Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

LoveSIN

Got my sleeve today!!

Rate this Entry
I cant believe it finally happened! The first surgery was scheduled in June but I failed a nicotine test so my surgery was cancelled until I gave them 6 months of clear nicotine blood tests. Now I've been smoke free for 8 months and today I got my sleeve done.

I went into surgery at around 12:45pm. Surgery was completed by around 2:30pm. My doctor said everything went perfectly. All nurses that have checked my incisions' say they look great.

Everything is going well. I have plenty of meds so I'm not in any pain. I just hate this catheter its just annoying lol.

I think the worst part so far was when I woke up and they were telling me to take deep breaths but at that point I was in a lot of pain , not enough to cry just an uncomfortable pain, so they gave me more pain meds. Now I'm fine and up and walking around.

Ill be in the hospital for 2 days.

So far Im happy to have had this done and am looking forward to what's coming next.

Submit "Got my sleeve today!!" to Digg Submit "Got my sleeve today!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Got my sleeve today!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Got my sleeve today!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

wohoo congrats you must feel so relieved its over.
    The best is yet to come !
    Quote Originally Posted by linzy2886
    wohoo congrats you must feel so relieved its over.

sooo relieved I was so scared I've never had surgery before so this was all a new experience for me.
    Welcome to the sleeved side!
    Congrats! I'm today. Scared, nervous, excited.
    Congratulations! Just keep walking as much as possible, it makes a WORLD of difference. In about a week or so you will be amazed at how much better you feel already.
    Congratulations

Welcome to the sleeved world xx

Good luck on your journey xx
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley1505
    Congrats! I'm today. Scared, nervous, excited.
    I was feeling the same way and everything went fine. Good Luck on your journey!!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmaw676
    Congratulations

Welcome to the sleeved world xx

Good luck on your journey xx
    Thank you!!
    praying for a speedy recovery for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by didishae
    Congratulations! Just keep walking as much as possible, it makes a WORLD of difference. In about a week or so you will be amazed at how much better you feel already.

I have been walking so much that the doctors and nurses were surprised. It really does make a huge difference. I think all the walking I did after surgery helped with how good im feeling today.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariggs
    praying for a speedy recovery for you!
    Thank you
    It's amazing that you are doing so well already! Congrats, and welcome.
    How cool! Congrats to you...preparaing my self for my upcoming surgery. I feel more encouraged and will try to calm down. Thanks for sharing