Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ibleedblue

going out with a bang...

Rate this Entry
So since I was starting my preop diet today, last night my husband and I went out for "The Last Supper" lol. I decided on Mortons because I wasn't so sure when I would be eating steak again. Final bill = $350+ which is pretty impressive when you consider there were no cocktails involved. I actually felt a little sick after eating all that stuff. But I had lobster bisque, crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, huge crab legs, a big ole bloody filet and the finale: a molten chocolate cake with haagen daz ice cream and fresh berries. MMMMM. Right now, I'm drinking vegetable soup broth while my hubby is warming up my leftover steak :/ But I'm trying to see the big picture. We are taking the kids on a cruise in March, and I'm going to wear sorts and tank tops and cute sundresses and NO BATHING SUIT COVER UP at the pool. I hope. Cross your fingers for me.

Submit "going out with a bang..." to Digg Submit "going out with a bang..." to del.icio.us Submit "going out with a bang..." to StumbleUpon Submit "going out with a bang..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lots of people don't have food funerals but I did so I get where you are coming from. I'm only 8 weeks since surgery and I tolerate steak very well. I eat good steak and make sure I cut it into very small bites. The steak tastes great but you can say goodbye to the trimmings and all the other courses you had. All the best for your up coming surgery.
    Yup - I made myself sick on my "last supper". Cooked my favourite roast chicken and ate an obscene amount. Then I stuck to my pre-op diet strictly and lost about 18lb in the two weeks before surgery. So for people who question your motivation if you have a last hurrah - I had one and have had pretty much a dream run to goal and maintained for 18 months. I'm not taking all the credit for that - just saying it's possible. Good luck!
    LOL, I can relate! My big meal was for my daughter's birthday. We went to Red Lobster. I ended up eating so much more than I ever would've, but I knew I wouldn't be tasting food again for a long time. I'm in the full liquid phase, and after two weeks of the nasty protein shakes, then clear liquid in the hospital, I was amazed at just how good strained cream of chicken soup could taste. Then I could only eat about an ounce of it!

Good luck to you!
    You are a girl after my own heart! lol

I start my pre-op diet in 3 days. I've had more than one food funeral but I haven't decided what I'm going to have for the "LAST MEAL"...but yours sounds divine.

Good luck on your pre-op diet and upcoming surgery. Keep us posted!
    I was eating all my favorites a month before my surgery...yep I was eating everything. I was on a carb restricted diet for two years trying to hold my weight down because of my pcos and metabolic syndrome so I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Now I feel like I have control over food, before the food was controlling me and even when I ate perfect I always felt deprived. Now I feel satisfied with my little meal and that feels great!