Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JaynieD

surgery 1/22/2015

Rate this Entry
My surgery was Thursday and was 45 min long, I did really well according to Dr. Heider. The worst part was the gas (and still is sometimes it really hurts) and the no fluids until the next morning. I had a headache which hurt worse then the surgery did. I was so tired I didn't want to get up and walk to halls but I was able to walk about 4 times. My mouth felt like sandpaper. I cant even explain to you how hard it was having to wait 24 hours to get something to drink. The first thing I was able to have was horrible, 3 sips of dye to check for the leaks in my new stomach, fortunately I didn't have any so I was able to start sipping water 1 oz every 5 min. They also brought me some jello, broth (nasty), and apple juice. I'm not sure what happened but I ended up vomiting and trust me that hurt. luckily it was only once but they kept me and extra night just to be sure I didn't have any problems. I'm really glad they did, I think 2 nights is a good stay. today I have had my optifast soup and 2 shakes, still sipping every 5 min if I take to big a sip it hurts. There isn't a lot of pain unless I move the wrong way, it burns more than anything. i'm down 5lbs already. next Thursday I can start adding in yogart, apple sauce, and i'm excited about that oh and I forgot to mention I took a shower today and was completely zapped of all energy. I guess it will just take a bit to get back on my feet completely but i'm taking in every moment.

Submit "surgery 1/22/2015" to Digg Submit "surgery 1/22/2015" to del.icio.us Submit "surgery 1/22/2015" to StumbleUpon Submit "surgery 1/22/2015" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, with all the info I have read you are the only post that mentioned the amount of time it took in the OR....thanks for the info & good luck.
    I stayed an extra night too because I wasn't tolerating liquids and threw up once. The gas pain is horrible and will last about a week. The more you walk the quicker it will get through you though. I didn't have to wait to drink though because they don't do the dye test. I think they check it after they complete the surgery in the operating room. The jello was awful but I was able to drink some broth. My tastes completely changed though so I mainly had crystal light and my protein shakes. And I can't forget my favorite, jello pudding! That is what saved me the first 2 weeks. I didn't do the opti fast plan. My Dr just had specific things I could have.