Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Hephsibar

A question to advanced sleevers -

Rate this Entry
Now that you are a year or so past having surgery, what and how much do you eat? What is 'normal' like for sleeved people?

Submit "A question to advanced sleevers -" to Digg Submit "A question to advanced sleevers -" to del.icio.us Submit "A question to advanced sleevers -" to StumbleUpon Submit "A question to advanced sleevers -" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am over 2 yrs out from my surgery. And I have learned to trust my sleeve when I over eat. Once you get sick and vomit you will too

I normally eat 1000 calories a day..Some more some less. I hope this helps hon
    Normal for me is normal food,with protein first of course, just in smaller amounts. I have no idea how many calories I eat as I have never counted them, but I feel like I eat a lot. (I was told not to count calories my my NUT.) I eat three small meals and three snacks a day. Meals are protein and veggies, snacks are protein bars, greek yogurt, low-fat cheese, nuts, guacamole, etc.

Just to give you an idea of portions, I can eat one taco or one small piece of pizza. Last night we went out and I had half of my salad, some steak with asparagus, and even a little dessert. And a glass of wine. A great date night.

I feel like I eat like a normal person. I feel like I look like a normal person. Priceless.
    I'm 14 months out and still stick to the "protein first, then veggies, and if and only if there is room carbs". My carbs consist of oatmeal, quinoa, or sweet potato. I haven't gotten on the bandwagon of eat anything you want but in smaller amounts. My stomach is small so I have to make sure I fill it with nutrition and not junk. This feels completely normal to me.
    I hated counting calories so I don't. I am aware of how many calories and fat and sugar the food I has. I try to follow the 5 and 5 rule. no more than 5 g of fat and 5 g of sugar in the food I eat. It helps when I am shopping it has stopped me from buying many foods. I do allow myself 2 cheats a week to keep it real. The amount I can eat 18 months out is about a cup depending on how dense the food is. If its soup I can take in more and if its solid meat less than a cup more like 2 ounces. I hope this helps but what I have learned is everyone is different the most important thing to learn is don't push it. If I eat just a little too much then I get the hiccups and if more than I can toss my cookies lol. Those lessons are hard to learn but you learn.
    I'm a year and a half post-op. I can also eat about 1 slice of pizza, half of a sandwich on regular bread, one whole taco...these are just examples, not what I eat on a regular basis. My dinner usually consists of about 4-6 oz of protein, a little bit of rice or potato...and veggies or a little bit of salad. I stick to protein first for the most part. I don't deprive myself of anything. I just have very little of it.
    I'm over 3 years out and for me I have found if I eat "clean" I dont have to worry about what si eat (but then clean eating eliminates processed foods so if i didnt make it i dont eat it) But I eat small portions maybe 3-5 bites per meal I eat every 2 hours or I get sick its just something i do and have always had issues with. The hardest thing for me is when my body gets too empty because I tend to forget to eat at times and I will feel like I just dont want to eat and everything hurts but that only happens if i get sick or if i have to do a medical test or something where i cant eat for 12 hours .
    I'm only 9 1/2 months out and think 1/3 cup of food, maybe a little more, is the right amount for my sleeve each time I eat. I've eaten more LOTS of times. But I'm then very uncomfortable. And I'm afraid of gaining (although I never have). I don't enjoy that horrifically full feeling and my stomach hates it, too. So, I'm using my 1/3 measuring cup and eating out of it. I think it will assure success and I'll have peace of mind.
    I'm 1.5 years out and have been maintaining for about the last 9 months.
    Any of the things below would make a meal for me...
    1 to 1.5 chicken fingers
    4oz of meat of most kinds
    4 oz of chili or stew
    1 egg with a slice of cheese
    1 piece of thin crust pizza
    a small grocery store salad, (the side salad container)
    1 "slider" size hamburger
    McDonalds Egg white delite with 1/2 the muffin removed
    A cup of soup at Panera and the side of bread will make 2 meals nicely for me

I eat about 5 times per day, 3 meals and 2 "snacks" that are typically a protein bar or bag of smart pop or something like that. I DO eat carbs and sugar sometimes, but try to make a high quality choice about 80% of the time. As long as I stay in balance, I maintain well.