Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

beachbumsoon2b

vitamins and protein

Rate this Entry
Does anyone know what few best kind of vitamins and proteins to get for the sleeve? Do they have to be bariatric or can they be from Wal-Mart but chewable?

Submit "vitamins and protein" to Digg Submit "vitamins and protein" to del.icio.us Submit "vitamins and protein" to StumbleUpon Submit "vitamins and protein" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Protein should be a Whey protein that is low in sugar and carbs. For instance I buy Body Fortress protein powder from Walmart, $15 a piece, and I like their chocolate best.

Vitamins vary on your doctor's office. Some will recommend you get a certain serving of calcium a day and there's a certain way you have to take them. For instance I was told to take a B-Complex vitamin with at least 15g of Thiamin/B1, a Multivitamin, Between 1200-1500g of Calcium, a B-12 sublingual (aka one that goes under your tongue), and an iron. I was also told I could not take the calcium and iron within 2 hours of one another, apparently they don't mix well.

I take all store bought vitamins, some in pill form and some as chewables or gummies. My doctor's office never specified what brand to use but they would have preferred I use a bariatric brand like Celebrate, which I cannot afford. As long as my tests come out normal, I don't care where I bought my vitamins. However I wouldn't recommend gummies unless your stomach can handle sugar, as I've never seen sugar free ones. I do have sugar free CitraCal calcium chews that I got in a 3 pack off Amazon for like $15 or around there and they'll last me 3 months.
    I buy whey isolate protein powder from Popeyes, mango is my go to. I use multi chewables from Cosco. Cheap and last forever and my blood work is perfect, no deficiencies. |I have been doing this for 2.5 years works for me. Different for all, follow your needs. Doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.
    Thank you all. My surgery is in two weeks. I'm so excited. I've had pneumonia for two weeks. I am getting better slowly. But hopefully i didn't have to reschedule but i think i will be ok. Go get xray resume on Tuesday. So excited. Thank all of you fight your support. So many nice people lb this web site.
    I buy Iso Fuel Naturals - Vanilla. It has about 200 calories per 2 scoops, 3 grams of carbs and 50 grams of Protein. I make smoothies with it. Its delicious
    Adds so you buy the iso fuels and do they have unflavored
    This thread helped me a lot thank you all!