Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Pcanpi

Well it's a done deal....

Rate this Entry
I haven't posted since my surgery, to be honest I have been very tired. I'm now 5 days post-op and starting to feel like my old self, minus the energy level that I used to have. So here's the skinny....I was miserable the night of surgery, second guessed my choice and cried a lot, I was in so much pain..I wanted a do over...lol...my nurse said that there was a light at the end of the tunnel, I was sure that it was a train. The next day I had to have a KUB(swallow test) since I was a conversion. My surgeon was concerned about the scar tissue, to be honest so was I, but everything was good. I was still in pain but it was bearable and I was able to have some warm tea...an entire medicine cup full. One every hour while I was awake... It was a long day... Day 3 I was released, had pain meds right before leaving, so I thought I'm good until my beastie can pick up my meds...WRONG!!!!...no one had the meds I needed in the local pharmacies...really this is Atlanta not Mayberry ...but he was a real trooper and the epitome of what a real friend should be ...it took him 3 hours but he found it. By this time I'm in tears cause the pain had returned with a vengeance... So since we are nurses we both were in agreeance with the idea of taking double the initial dose and then getting on a schedule as needed... But as luck would have it...I haven't needed it...today I'm 5 days out and feeling pretty great...as for my second guessing my decision I'm sure that's just apart of the process... This is going to give me my life back...it's also gonna give me an opportunity to be a better mom and granny to the people that mean the most to me....

First postoperative visit is Tuesday I'll keep you guys posted.....

Submit "Well it's a done deal...." to Digg Submit "Well it's a done deal...." to del.icio.us Submit "Well it's a done deal...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Well it's a done deal...." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Pcanpi ... great report from the 5-day front.

And yes, I do think the post-op regrets are indeed a part of the process. Frankly, it ain't real until it's real.

You do sound like you're doing great. Your nurse pal sounds like a champ. And you sound like a champ, too.

I look forward to hearing of your WLS journey. I'm 14 weeks out and feeling really, really relaxed / almost normal about all this stuff. I'm eating pretty much everything -- just not nearly as much as I used to. Am eating enough protein and exercising more and feeling better and more like my old self all the time.

It all gets immensely better from this point forward.
    Oh, I hope you will feel better each day now! The worst has to be over now!
    Congrats and welcome to the sleeve side, All your feelings are normal. I'm 11 weeks out and feeling great, it takes awhile ,but you'll get there. Wishing u a speedy recovery,
    Congratulations! I'm glad you're feeling better now. I'm 8 weeks post-op and feeling good. Hope all continues well for you.
    I laughed out loud at the Light at the end of the tunnel = Train statement. I had to read it out loud to my family because they were wondering why i was laughing so loud. The entire family had a laugh.
    Im so happy your feeling better.
    Cheers to a speedy recovery!