Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

PechoNalidad58

Did this happen to you?

Rate this Entry
So on Nov 19th (my birth day)i get a phone call and it's crazy cause i never pick up phone calls if a number is not save on my phone. This phone call for some reason i picked up. Well it was from Dr. Nahmias office. His nurse ask me when was my last nutritionist and i told her it was the next day witch it was Nov. 20th 2014, and she said ok so im booking your surgery date for December 4th. At that very moment i thought she was playing because 1 I had to attend my last nutritionist visit, 2 I just found out that a friend of mines was also going for surgery but they told her that there not booking for Decembercause there already booked. Mind you she told me this before they called me. 3 they didn't even had send my information to my insurance so i kinda got happy and scared at the same time. Happy cause after a long time i finally get my surgery date and scared cause im afraid that afyer they gave me a surgery date my insurance won't cover. Has anyone been through this??? If so what happen?? Please let me know.

Also i have to start a liquid diet... does anyone have any good ideas? I really dont want to buy those drinks cause i am a mother of 5 and raising 1 so i can spend that money on the children hut if i have no choice then i guess ill buy the drinks. Who did a liquid diet with out those drinks??? Please if you have any ideas let me know asap im starting the liquid diet on Monday. Hope to hear from you soon and thanks in advance for answering my questions. Have a bless night

Submit "Did this happen to you?" to Digg Submit "Did this happen to you?" to del.icio.us Submit "Did this happen to you?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Did this happen to you?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Generally surgery is not scheduled until after insurance approval. If you have been given a date then your surgery has been approved. You need to check with your nutritionist about the liquid diet...what is acceptable. The protein shakes provide vitamins and minerals and there are some whey protein powders that would work also.
    My insurance co (BCBS) required a surgery date submitted with request for ins auth. I did however have to have all my requirements completed ...psych, nut. Just depends on the company. Your going to have to purchase some sort of shakes. With the 60 gram minimum protein requirement, it's impossible to get that in without some supplementation. It cost me $130.00 to purchase my supplements for pre op diet. This included 2 big cans of powder that I ultimately mixed with skim milk, chicken soup mix, and unflavored protein powder that can be mixed with pretty much anything. I used the Unjury products and had no issues getting my protein in.
    Your doc should have a specific pre op plan though they have outlined for you to follow. Good luck!
    I have Independence Keystone Health Plan East. They scheduled my surgery well in advance and didn't submit my auth for approval until the week before. I just knew I'd get myself all hyped up to have the surgery and then they'd deny it. It was approved and I was sleeved 62 days ago. Good luck with everything!
    I drank the Wal-Mart brand slim fast shakes for 2 weeks and it only cost about $70.
    I didn't do drinks. I did soup galore!! Lol! I did do a shake in the am but soup and jello for the rest Good luck and welcome aboard!
    Thanks for the response everyone. I just went to walmart and bought the equate brand witch it was i think 12 cans for 9 something. So yeah i start tomorrow woohooo no no woohooo lol heay anything for the better me
    Thanks for the response everyone. I just went to walmart and bought the equate brand witch it was i think 12 cans for 9 something. So yeah i start tomorrow woohooo no no woohooo lol heay anything for the better me
    Im doing the diet and feeling very dizzy is that normal.. today is day 3