Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SethP

Holiday Season

Rate this Entry
Today starts the Holiday Season with Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I want to start off by wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season. During this time of the year we should all spend a little time to relfect inwardly. Many of us have new lifes that we could have never achieved without the help of our sleeves. Some of you I have been following for 18 months now and some of you I have recently made the aquaintence of. It doesnt matter where you are in this journey, we all have things in common.

We all want to be recognized for WHO we are and not for what we weight. I have crossed many obsticales to get to where I am today and I KNOW that there will be plenty more before my time on Earth is done. There is an old Indian saying that says "Dont judge a man till you walk a mile in his moccassins". I have said this many times on this site that we all have a Personal journey to greater health but we all have a common destination. IF there was only ONE way to do it then we would all have the same story. How boring would that be?

On this journey to being a healthier person I have also been striving to become a better person. I figured if I was going to start working on being physically healthier then I should also work on me Spiritually also. I want to become a better man, a better father and a better Husband. What good is it if I lose all my weight and become or stay bitter? There is nothing like hearing my loving wife tell me that she is proud of the man I am becoming. She seen the diamond in the rough and married me 6 years ago despite the stigma of "small Asian woman, FAT American Husband".

I challenge each and everyone of you to take a little time this Holiday season and do some self-reflection. We take so many things for granted. My wife is from the Philippines and they dont have Thanksgiving there. I had to explain to her how it come about with the Pilgrims and Indians many years ago. About giving thanks for a bountiful harvest. I also told her that, at least in my family, that it was a day for us to all reflect on what we have to be thankful for.

I am thankful for a new lease on life, through WLS, I am no longer just a life spectator. I am thankful for the support of fellow sleevers. I am thankful for my wonderful wife. I am thankful for all four of my loving children. I am thankful for the job that I have that enables me to provide for my family. Inspite of the economy in the past 6 years I have flourished. I am thankful for having good health. I am thankful for 101lbs that I have lost in the last 3 years, but that dont mean I want to stay here either.

These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for. I am sure that I could add many many more to this list without giving it much thought. I Pray that this Holiday Season that each and everyone of you find Peace and much Joy. God Bless each and everyone of you.

Seth

Submit "Holiday Season" to Digg Submit "Holiday Season" to del.icio.us Submit "Holiday Season" to StumbleUpon Submit "Holiday Season" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great thoughts Seth. Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season.
    Thank you Seth.
    I Pray that this Holiday Season that each and everyone of you find Peace and much Joy. God Bless each and everyone of you.
    And more of the same for you.

Regarding your remark:
    There is an old Indian saying that says "Dont judge a man till you walk a mile in his moccassins".
    You can judge the person after walking a mile in their moccasins.
    Because you are now a mile away from them and they have no shoes on if you piss them off with your judgement and they decide to run after you.
    That made me cry! What beautiful, insightful and tender thoughts. They did not come from a diamond in the rough.
    Absolutely beautiful thoughts. Thank you for sharing. You are an amazing man!
    Thanks...... We all needed that!! Best Wishes to you and your family this holiday season!
    What a wonderful story - looks like love really is the best motivation! Congratulations on ALL your successful changes!
    Seth You Are The Best, thank you so much for your love to the WLS Community, and all of your support, I do not know what I would do without all of you and your wonderful comments and support, the real talk, the help, and just the water insight from TINMAN. May God Bless us all to LIVE LONG AND HEALTHY LIVES AND THRIVE............
    What a wonderful post Seth! Happy Holiday Season to you and your family.
    Your wife and children are very blessed to have a man such as you in there lives. May you all have a blessed holiday season.