Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

dmart27

Vitamin D deficiency

Rate this Entry
Being obese is hell. I just received a letter from my doctor indicating she needs to see me regarding my lab work. Well, my fellow gastric buddies my vitamin D level is extremely low. Lmao but I live in the hot south so this mean I'm not going to try to hang out in the sun. What are other ways I can get my Vitamin D level up naturally? Please help w/any advice.

Submit "Vitamin D deficiency" to Digg Submit "Vitamin D deficiency" to del.icio.us Submit "Vitamin D deficiency" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vitamin D deficiency" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My Dr had me take vitamin d supplements. Brought my levels right back up where they needed to be.
    Oh Brandon that is good to hear, I also was told my Vit D is just too low, so what the hell does that mean and how could it be. Iam from the Islands, Im always toping up with a suntan. really. but again, i dont drink milk oh no, cant stand the taste or smell. so going to try take my vit D. just hate taking medicaiton or now vit.
    I take a calcium supplement that also has vitamin D. It is so good!
    Get your doctor to prescribe a megadose of vitamin D. Tastes like crap, but it works quickly.
    My surgeon has his patients start taking a month after surgery: Caltrate's chewable calcium and vitamin D3. I take 2 a day (when I don't forget to take the second one).
    Mine as well. Its common in brown people.
    I had a vitamin D deficiency about 2 years ago. I was put on a prescription of it, 50,000 IU gel caps I take twice weekly. No taste, easy to swallow. I still take them because my Endocrinologist told me I'm not yet in the normal range. I was REALLY bad off. I imagine after I start taking the Caltrate+D vitamins post-op that'll help some.

I don't know about what you're feeling from the deficiency but I know when mine was real bad I was VERY sensitive to the cold. I turned blue and purple all the time and in order to stay warm at night I slept under 6 thick blankets all at once. And if I got cold during the day and I was home I'd sit in the tub with scalding hot water for a half hour or so just to get the feeling back in my arms and legs.
    I also lacked vitamin D. Doc gave me a prescription.
    My doctor gave me a prescription before for vitamin d 50000iu 2 years ago. I'm sure she's going to do it again. I love milk. Normally I drink 1% milk but now I'm hooked on almond milk. Also my gastric buddies, I received my free samples of liquid calcium w/vitamin d, liquid iron and liquid multivitamin from Wellesse.com today. Thank you all for your advice.
    Part of my supplement prescription (for life) was an additional D3 supplement.
    I was told that most people are vit. d deficient. i am a sun worshiper so i was quite surprised.
    i too will have to take it for life.
    I'm in the exact same boat as Sara. Vitamin D deficiency is common in women in New England. I was diagnosed well over a year ago when my labs reported only a trace of Vit. D. I've been on mega doses ever since. It doesn't help that I avoid the sun. I'm fair skinned and already had a few skin cancer scares. I'd rather take a prescription than risk cancer from sun exposure. I pretty much gave up on natural means.