Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kitticat27

One Month Out

Rate this Entry
I am officially one month out and doing pretty well
I am eating four 2oz meals a day and getting in 35-45 grams of protein and anywhere from 400-600 calories depending on my choices. I have been eating a lot of tuna, refried beans, cheese and turkey chili. Next week I will be able to add pork and beef as long as they aren't dry. I am gradually trying out new foods and have found that besides greek yogurt, milk and over-easy eggs everything sits fine.
I have no feeling of hunger but I also have not felt "full" yet either. I asked my surgeon about it and he said to just carefully measure my portions because if I eat too much I will likely just get sick before I feel full but I should start recognizing the feeling when I eat heavier foods. I consider myself lucky because I can drink water with very little restriction which helps me with my intake.
I am still quite fatigued but everyday gets a little better. I think my 10am-9pm job with a half hour drive each way is partially to blame for the tiredness though.

Even though I am still not at 100% I am so glad that I did this! I am down to 248, I haven't weighed that little since high school! 10 more pounds and I will be the weight I was in 6th grade! Crazy!!

Submit "One Month Out" to Digg Submit "One Month Out" to del.icio.us Submit "One Month Out" to StumbleUpon Submit "One Month Out" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like you are doing great. I love to hear when people are doing so good, congratulations on your success.
    So happy you are doing so well!
    So nice to hear you're doing so well! Very happy for you....congrats!! My surgery is the 28th! OMG I'm getting so anxious & nervous! My last 'meals' are today & tomorrow. Sunday I start on liquids & have to drink that stuff that cleans your bowels (TMI) lol! Oh joy! I have an awesome surgeon & just pray I can sip water & broth after without it hurting & then move into protein shakes.
    Awesome job. Keep up the good work!
    Kitti, you're doing amazing. And you're working 11-hour days a month after WLS?! Uh, that's why you're tired.

So proud of you. Please keep being that good to yourself.
    Sounds fantastic. Keep on keepin' on!
    Congrats on all your success, u are rockin this. Glad to hear ur doing good....