Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

CathyM

Pre Op Diet

Rate this Entry
I started the Pre Op Liquid Diet today...which consists of 5 diabetic Boost shakes, water and coffee or tea. I have to admit that I had a hard time concentrating at work because I was so hungry, light headed and dizzy. By lunch time I was really doubting myself and questioning my decision about getting the surgery until I spoke with a co-worker who has a sleeve. She reassured me that the first few days on the diet are the hardest and it will get easier. She found the pre op diet more difficult than the post op. It made her very emotional, grumpy and lethargic. Just knowing that I am not alone in this lifted my spirits. I decided that I am not going to give up (especially after only one day)! I can do this!!!

I found the shakes tasted ok but I know I will get tired of vanilla and chocolate really fast so I bought some Lorann's flavored oils from Bulk Barn (orange, banana, mint and buttered rum (YUMMMMY)) after work today. I am excited to try them! I think that I should space out the shakes a little more tomorrow, hopefully I won't be as hungry and will be able to concentrate.

13 days to go

Submit "Pre Op Diet" to Digg Submit "Pre Op Diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre Op Diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre Op Diet" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

First couple days are the hardest, just keep your eye on the prize it will all be worth it in the end.
    Agree with Jarnols, at first its hard, but u have to do this for the surgery, Drink the shakes slow, and add another tea or water shortly after to fill u up.... Good luck..
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    you can do it. i am currently awaiting my authorization from my health insurance to schedule surgery and start my pre op diet. its all worth it
    God Bless!