Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ABetterBrandi

Surgery w/ Dr. Almanza, random notes

Rate this Entry
Their process is very organized and a well oiled machine. If you have any questions just speak up, they are very willing to address any concerns.

Just as others have said, the hospital is small and not as advanced as US hospitals. But has all the necessities.

If a staff member does not speak English, they will get someone who does immediately. You will not be ignored or blown off.

The day time and hotel nurses are out standing! The hotel doctor is also outstanding. He takes his time, speaks great English, and will give you as much information as you are interested in having.

The drivers are awesome, they have a list and will not leave you behind! At the clinic for X-rays he will check you in and take all copies of X-rays to distribute in the van.

There are 3 leak tests. One while you are still open with water looking for bubbles. The second by drinking purple water stuff that would show up in your drain pouch. And the third is the nasty stuff you drink for x rays. If you have a hard time getting it down drink slowly and the tech will tell you when you've had enough, one lady in our group only drank about half the cup.

The night club adjacent to the hotel is hoppin'!! Especially on the weekend. Friday night our windows rattled from the bass. Other rooms were not as bad, it depends on the location. Ear plugs may or may not be helpful. If this is going to be a problem, DO NOT STAY OVER THE WEEKEND. Schedule your surgery so that you leave prior to the weekend.

The coldness everyone talks about begins quickly so you may be freezing. On the other hand flushing is normal too. Do not be alarmed. The nurse may need to take your temp, but the two extremes do not necessarily mean you have a fever.

The hotel is every bit as nice as a Marriott, etc. and the food there is delicious per my husband.

Vendors are relentless....even for the firmest of patrons/passerbys.

Do not eat from street vendors.

Relax, bond with your surgery mates, and enjoy the adventure!

Submit "Surgery w/ Dr. Almanza, random notes" to Digg Submit "Surgery w/ Dr. Almanza, random notes" to del.icio.us Submit "Surgery w/ Dr. Almanza, random notes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Surgery w/ Dr. Almanza, random notes" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks! Good notes
    Thank you!!!! I just bought my flights and the nerves are setting in....
    Thanks for all the info. I'm going alone so all of this makes a difference. Btw, my dr agreed to continue to be my pcp after wls. She's not excited about my decision. She feels I can the weight on my own again. That's so true but I always gained it back w extra.
    I appreciate you providing us with such great info
    thanks for the great information I will be there next week and i don't want to forget anything! I am a little nerves but I am sure everyone is!
    Brandi I love it. I'll be going to Mexico alone so I need all the tips I can get.