Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kbear10 _ 99

One week til I join the Sleevers Club

Rate this Entry
My highest weight was 196 and the biggest reason for deciding on this was due to health issues. **I'm 41 and have dealt with RA since 3 yrs old which has caused other issues due to all the steroids pumped into me as a child. *Ex *hormonal issues which caused underdeveloped growth, *serious eye issues (I could almost pass as legally blind) . *Weakened bones. *

I dealt fine with most issues my adult life with my weight fluctuating up and down, and at 5'1 with a small framed body, it sure don't take much weight to cause havoc to my body.

By my mid 30's the weight and added health concerns had taken over my life. *RA, Osteoporosis, *Osteoarthritis, *Fibro, Sleep Apnea, High Cholesterol, Cervical Fusion, Sciatica, numerous broken bones, Myalgia & Myositis, *Carpal Tunnel, *RLS and most recently Severe migraines. **After watching my BP and insulin levels rise and being told I would soon be put on medication for that. *I decided to check on this surgery, A surgery I was completely against and swore to never have after watching My Mom and Sister have the bypass and losing to much weight with nutritional deficiencies. *

Only a few people know I'm having surgery. **I have a good support system with only a few against it due to not thinking I'm big enough for it.

I have lost weight this last 8 mths thru the 6 mth dr monitored diet and now liver shrinking diet that even Dr. Sarantos was having 2nd thoughts because I am down to 176 now. ***But I know that as soon as even one medication is changed, a new one is added or being put back on steroids I will gain it all back 2-3 fold. **So I am going thru with the sleeve and hoping I don't lose too much for my health and I'm also so I'm tired of Dr's blaming everything on being obese and smoking *(I know smoking is next on my list. **Don't Judge) **I don't feel like some Dr's take my medical concerns seriously. **

Thanks for bearing with me and reading my story. *Kim

Submit "One week til I join the Sleevers Club" to Digg Submit "One week til I join the Sleevers Club" to del.icio.us Submit "One week til I join the Sleevers Club" to StumbleUpon Submit "One week til I join the Sleevers Club" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck. Wishing you the best on your journey to improve your health and be able to enjoy a better quality of life. You have much to deal with, and I hope the sleeve helps you as it has helped so many others.
    Kim, I wish for you a successful operation and easy recovery and a new path to much better health.
    Thank You so much Fae and Ann